This role will be responsible for providing technical support to the construction operations on the project. Plans, directs, and coordinates engineering and scheduling activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors; typically works on medium scale projects.
- Manage professional staff responsible for design and project construction
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Assist subordinate supervisors in maintaining production on budget and schedule
- Review project estimate or plan to determine schedule, estimated job cost, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Understand project documents ie: completeness or inadequacies.
- Anticipate project needs with sufficient lead-time to avoid delay of production
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, work closely with Human Resources in recruitment efforts as necessary
- Oversees coordination with project staff to outline work plans, assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Review status and modify schedules or plans as required and prepares project reports for management, owners, and subcontractors
- Follow-up on directives to be continuously on the alert for situations that are not progressing productively and for opportunities to improve project performance
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Work closely with Company employees, project supervisors, owners, external teams and support people to get commitments regarding PM's managerial and supervisory requests
- Provide positive safety leadership to the project
- Review field operation and ensure that the project provides a safe workplace
- Coordinate the preparation and updating of the formal project construction schedule as required by the contract documents
- Coordinate resource use with project superintendent; for example, craft assignment, crew sizes, and project layout for offices, traffic flow, and material storage
- Responsible for claims management and documentation
- Coordinate material purchases, assure that subcontractor agreements are prepared and change orders are accurate and issued to owners, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Develop, maintain business relationships and manage subcontractor, client/owner, engineers, JV partner(s), and unions if applicable
- Maintain relationships with contracting agencies, executive management
- Participate in project presentations to elected officials, general public, and other stake holders
- Responsible for project closeout. Secure loose ends by finishing paperwork, obtaining retainages, supporting supervisors, and expediting claims
- Debriefing of project to review all positive and negative aspects after completion
- Able to confidently negotiate any & all matters on behalf of the JV as they relate to cost, schedule, & contract matters with Owner/Sub suppliers
- Knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage rules
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience; construction and management experienced required
- Federal, state and local knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects.
- Professional Engineer License preferred
- Knowledge with Primavera P6 Scheduling Software is a plus
Dragados USA Inc., in an Equal Opportunity Employer
Engineering Design Process
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 1764
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Dragados is an international contractor established in 1941 that specializes in major infrastructure projects, including bridges, roads and highways, tunnels and underground projects, buildings, energy and environmental infrastructure, dams and hydraulic works worldwide. Dragados S.A. is the construction arm of ACS Group, one of the leading infrastructure developers in the world with presence in more than 40 countries.
View the full profile
The projects built by Dragados S.A. are recognized by their sheer size, technical intricacy, use of the latest technologies, and innovation to resolve technical challenges.