To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Orleans, LA
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Sous Chef - The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts • New Orleans, LA
Posted 8 days ago
The Roosevelt New Orleans is seeking an Executive Sous Chef to join this historic property!
From hand-crafted drinks and world-class dining to unforgettable entertainment, this hotel is the centerpiece of New Orleans nightlife.
With 504 rooms, over 60,000 square feet of banquet space, and 5 food and beverage outlets, this Waldorf Astoria hotel offers an exciting opportunity to be a part of the hotel that defined luxury throughout the early 1900s and continues to set a new standard of luxury today.
If you are looking to join one of the largest hotel companies in the world, an iconic brand, and are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences, this is your next opportunity!
What will I be doing?
As Executive Sous Chef, you would be responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of the planning, preparation, production and control of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Assist the Executive Chef by interacting with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Assist the Executive Chef in creating and implementing menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!