As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.1 trillion in assets and manages $76 billion in assets. Recently, recapitalized with Private Equity, Wilshire is on an exciting journey to deliver Investment Solutions, Indices and Benchmarks and Innovative Analytics to Financial Intermediaries worldwide.
Wilshire is seeking an Investment Operations Analyst to join their alternatives Operations team. This position is highly collaborative and will have significant interaction within and across the firm. We look to identify passionate candidates with an excellent academic background, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President.
What you'll do:
* Maintain fund cash balances and monitor daily cash activity ensuring differences/issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner
* Perform daily cash analysis (i.e. prepare cash position and forecast reports)
* Assist in preparation of financial statement and tax schedule
* Review the underlying investment holdings including cost, fair market value, capital calls, distributions, unrealized gains/losses for completeness and accuracy
* Perform monthly bank reconciliations
* Follow through capital calls and distributions from underlying investments in a timely manner
* Responsible for posting activity to the general ledger, coordinating payment of expenses and maintaining supporting documentation
* Ensure that appropriate accounting treatment for all transactions is applied
* Respond to and resolve investor and investment queries in relation to administrative issues
* Assist Investor Relations in the maintenance of accurate contact information for all investors and investments
* Assist with other fund administration, such as data entry, scanning, and filing documents
* Assist in the quarterly client reporting process and mailings
* Assist with year-end audit and tax projects as needed
* Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
What you have:
* BA/BS in accounting or related major
* Excellent fund accounting background with 0-2 years of relevant experience in investment operations/ private equity preferred
* Excellent writing skills and strong verbal communication desired
* Excellent quantitative/analytical ability and Excel skills desired
* Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
* Candidate must be collaborative, a reliable team player, self-motivated, and possess strong integrity and professionalism
* Candidate must be open-minded with a high willingness to learn
* CPA license (active or inactive) or CPA candidate preferred
* Public accounting background including Big-4 exposure preferred
What you get:
* We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursement, and more.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
Wilshire is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients to thrive.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Investment Operations Analyst
- Attention To Detail