Community Care Network, Inc. (Physician Practice) • Patient AccountingSchedule:
Full-time • Days • Monday through Friday 8:00am -4:30pm• 80Location:
Position: E&M Auditor/Educator – Clinic
Location: Travel between Lake County & Porter County
Under the direction of the Coding Manager, work directly with employed and contracted providers (physician and non-physician practitioners) in providing coding and documentation education for assigning appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) and diagnosis codes, as well as scheduled reviews. The E&M Auditor/Educator will be responsible for evaluating medical record documentation and trends to optimize reimbursement by ensuring that the diagnostic and procedural codes and documentation accurately reflect and support the encounter, and to ensure that data comply with legal standards and guidelines. This position will work closely with the Coding Leadership Team to resolve documentation and/or compliance issues. This position requires regular travel to physician practice offices within Lake and Porter County in Indiana, but offers the ability to telecommute at least 50% of the time.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
• High School graduate (or GED equivalent).
• 3-5 years professional coding experience required.
• Evaluation and management auditing experience required.
• Possess and maintain active CPC, RHIT, or CCS-P certification. CPMA preferred.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of the CPT, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS coding systems.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of Evaluation and Management documentation and coding guidelines as well as government guidelines.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office products.
• Needs to be familiar with operating general office equipment, including but not limited to: scanner, fax machine, photocopy machine, printer.
• Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills.
• Display attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Able to effectively and diplomatically teach others.
Good Manufacturing Practices