As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, professional to become part of the energy and join our Environmental Services Team where you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency.
- Cleans and disinfects designated areas following Hospital required practices. Arranges furniture and fixtures within the working area.
- Proficiently performs a wide variety of cleaning duties such as dusting, mopping, sweeping, etc. paying special attention to detail in assigned areas.
- Cleans and maintains equipment in good working conditions. Submits equipment for preventive maintenance as required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety, body mechanics, infection control and bio-medical waste routines by permanent adherence to those policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of proper cleaning and disinfecting of by following the required procedures.
- Communicates with supervisor for the assignation of daily tasks.
- Reports to the Supervisor any unusual occurrences, malfunction of equipment or service issues in order to have them corrected with minimal impact to the hospital staff and patients/visitors.
- Maintains housekeeping cart with proper cleaning tools. Ensures adequate level of supplies without overfilling.
- Works with an excellent customer service attitude towards individuals from inside and outside the organization.