To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ames, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Renewable Energy Group, Inc. • Ames, IA
Posted 1 month ago
The purpose of this job is to assure the effective and efficient daily Transportation and Supply Chain Management of commodity shipments through Truck transportation.
This position is from 10 am to 7 pm, permanently.
• Exercise discretion in the scheduling, coordinating and processing of truck freight deliveries to customers, plants and terminal locations to assure timely delivery of product at the most economical rate
• Ensure a high level of customer service is emphasized at all levels across the supply chain.
• Maintain frequent contact with management staff and department employees within the supply chain.
• Ensure drivers and trucking companies are preforming all necessary responsibilities
• Follow Renewable Energy Group credit policies as applicable to the shipment of products from REG and client plants
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate all possible transportation methods while determining how to transport specific sales/shipments to and from origin and destinations
• Track transfer and 3rd party shipments to terminals including title of finished product to customers, and inbound feedstock to REG facilities.
• Develop specific procedures as needed to identified key locations to ensure prompt and successful execution of the scheduling.
• Respond to customer inquiries regarding shipment status promptly as in sales force, plant operations, and all customers
• Conduct a general analysis of lane costs by terminal / destination as requested based on professional knowledge/experience.
• Analyze and make recommendations for appropriate route and lane pricing.
• Augment lane optimization, participate in short and long term market strategy development and implementation.
Other frequent duties:
• Keep all transportation rates and assessorials up to date in OTM
• Assist in the designing of process improvement relating to logistics area operationally and organizationally to improve proficiency
• Maintain a strong understanding of REG accounting procedures and financial conditions
• Ensure all administrative requirements are completed in a timely manner
• Negotiate/coordinate costs associated and post changes as needed
• Process freight bills for payment to accounts payable person
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required: 4 year bachelor’s degree – Supply Chain Management or related degree preferred
*3-5 years of related experience may substitute
Experience Required: 0 - 1 years
*Master’s degree may substitute some experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Sales and analytical thinking skills
Basic Math and Accounting skills
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
OTM (Oracle Transportation Management)
Other Database systems
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.