To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Killeen, TX
- Michael Zwada
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Abrams Tank Technician
Kelly Government Solutions • Killeen, TX
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Abrams Tank Technician to support one of our top government clients on Ft. Hood, TX on a contract assignment.
If you or someone you know are interested in this opportunity please contact Mike Zwada, at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or apply online.
- Senior Abrams Tank Technician, familiar with the deprocessing, troubleshooting, retrofit and maintenance tasks on multiple military vehicle platforms (including the Abrams Family of Vehicles and the Stryker Family of Vehicles)
- Ensure Supervisor/Manager is aware of critical issues and able to make appropriate strategic decisions based on information supplied
- Actively engage in promoting a workplace free from environmental, health and safety related hazards including the training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment
- Executes multi-platform maintenance with little/no supervision/oversight, and is capable of directing others to accomplish a variety of routine and emerging maintenance tasks
- Must have six (6) more years of maintenance and fielding experience with the Abrams family of Ground Combat Vehicles M1A1SA, M1A2V2 and M104 Wolverine
- Must be a High School grad or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred
- Able to gain access to US Military facilities or bases
- Must be willing to travel within the United States to perform maintenances tasks and deprocessing
- Must be a U.S. person
- Able to pass deployment requirements; if required
- Able to secure and maintain a NACI and United States Passport; if required
- Excellent communication skills along with professional demeanor that extends to all levels of the organization along with strong interpersonal skills
- Acquired knowledge of military processes, products and technology, and able to coordinate and collaborate with other mechanics and supervision to ensure processes are aligned
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and capable of working independently with minimal errors as well as work as an integral member of the Rapid Deployment Team
- Display the ability to guide and relay instructions to small maintenance team(s) as required
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor/train junior or replacement mechanics on technique and lessons learned
- Insure that employees are completing work assignments according to contract specification
- Must have a valid State Driver's License and be able to obtain a Tank License and meet the anthropometric requirements to entry into a driver station or into an enclosed military vehicle
- Required to work at various heights, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to climb, to work in enclosed spaces often in awkward positions and work in extreme temperatures exceeding over 110 degrees for days at a time and also in extreme dusty environments, must be able to work in multiple shifts
- Be able to work autonomously with U.S. or foreign government personnel
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.