To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Co-Op (Vint Hill, Fredericksburg or Staunton) Fall 2
NiSource Inc. • Fredericksburg, VA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This role will assist and be under the guidance of other engineering staff working on projects to meet various utility facility needs. This position may also require the successful candidate to evaluate, design, estimate, and provide project management of electric and gas facilities at various levels of complexity.
- This position requires a current student of an ABET accredited, four-year engineering college
- High importance placed on the ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbal and written
- High consideration for those candidates with interpersonal skills which are effective in communication with internal and external customers.
- Desire a quick learner with the willingness to remain flexible in various work assignments.
- Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Creating hydraulic models by drawing in facilities.
- Collecting and analyzing data and reviewing records.
- Creating job order sketches.
- Perform field measurements
- Assemble data to create job order estimates
- Successful candidate will start in fall, 2019
- Safety consciousness required.
- Current student of an accredited, four-year Engineering program
- Must have completed at least one year of undergraduate study
- Ability to work 40 hrs/week
- Proficiency with PC applications and prefer strong skills with AutoCad and MS Excel & Access
- Proven communication skills
Location flexible within Staunton, Fredericksburg and Vint Hill, Virginia
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate study in an engineering discipline (chemical, civil, construction, electrical, industrial, design, or mechanical)
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at careers.nisource.com before March 20th!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.