Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
The Customer Service Parts Coordinator is responsible for the shipping, receiving and inventory for all parts ordered. They are to provide parts for internal and external customers. They also, maintain correct inventory balance for service department.
Responsibilities of the Customer Service Parts Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Researches and orders parts for internal and external customers on a daily basis
- Verifies part orders for accuracy and efficiency
- Receives in parts and match up with parts requisition forms
- Distributes parts to appropriate technicians
- Assists with all parts estimates associated with service work
- Assists with all incoming calls
- Researches parts to ensure maximum gross margin opportunities for the company
- Maintains a list of backordered parts and monitor weekly
- Works with service manager/shop supervisor to ensure appropriate part requirements
- Works with service department to maintain organized work flow as it pertains to their parts needs
- Assists service manager with shop supplies; pricing, ordering, inventorying, etc.
- Works on overall parts orders to maximize discounts and minimize shipping costs
- Assists in handling/communicating customer complaints and concerns and work with the Parts & Service Manager to ensure the problem is corrected to the customer and company’s satisfaction.
- Demonstrates our commitment to superior customer service and ethical business practices.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Parts and Service Manager.
- Additional responsibilities may include parts counter, warehousing duties, shipping and receiving duties as necessary.
Qualifications of the Customer Service Parts Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Specialized knowledge of computers and technology
- Must have good computer skills, be willing to learn and understand the company’s software system
- Must be able to develop positive working relationships with vendors and customers
- Basic knowledge of mechanics in order to know parts and speak intelligently with vendors.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Team oriented with a positive and professional attitude
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent skills in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently
- One year of previous part experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Physical Demand: The Parts Coordinator will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines. While performing the duties of this job, they may be required to stand, walk, and sit. Frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: The Parts Coordinator position is in an office setting, logging internal and external customer orders. Time is occasionally spent on the shop floor.
Shift Time/Overtime: Workweeks are generally 40 hours, though some overtime or nontraditional hours may be necessary, particularly to meet client needs.
Education: High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Attention To Detail
- Self Motivation
- Computer Literacy