CPA firm seeking a Finance and Tax Analyst (Staff Accountant)
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Emily Ayers
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 per yearA bit about us:
With 30 years of established credbility, our client is an independent, multi-family office serving affluent individuals and private families. The firm was founded on the principle of integration and offers a full suite of family office services. The team advises on nearly $3 billion, and is one of the country’s largest independent multi-family offices.Why join us?
Great work-life balance, wonderful family team! Working at a small, boutique-sized firm allows you to recognize the impact that one employee can make. At this firm, you can see your work in action. Family office advisors have regular meetings with their family office teams and interaction with all levels within the firm. my client empowers employees to take initiative and pursue specific areas of interestJob Details
The Finance & Tax Analyst applies the principles of accounting and tax concepts to complete projects of
varying difficulty related to all firm-provided services.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university in Public Accounting or Tax.
Applicable internship experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
Applicants should have Certified Public Accounting designation or be qualified to sit for the CPA exam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare statistical and account analyses, including a listing of data, forecasting data from one format into
another, and calculating percentage relationships
- Prepare and/or coordinate various materials for family meetings with guidance from Senior/Director
- Trace and vouch entries to original documents or sources
- Prepare Federal and state individual income tax returns, extensions and estimates
- Prepare Federal and state corporate income tax returns, extensions and estimates and calculation of
schedule M's for corporate tax returns
- Set up tax files and referencing/documenting workpapers for corporate and individual tax returns
- Prepare initial individual income tax projections for estimated tax and year-end planning reasons
- Initial setup and preparation of cash flow projections for individuals
- Prepare compilations and personal financial statements for assigned families
- Review schedules, asset allocations, investment performance reports, and other documents prepared by
the firm's investment team
- Perform research for individual and corporate clients
- Draft client correspondence regarding various tax, accounting or Family Office matters
- Prepare client billing for review by Director as assigned
- Mentor interns and/or new employees as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and
Microsoft Word. Individuals will also use the following software specialty software packages: Prosystem
Tax, Prosystem Trial Balance, BNA Income Tax Planner, and Depreciation Solutions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group or manager,
clients, customers, and other employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,
area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Team Player with strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written, verbal & interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Desire to succeed
- Detail-oriented self-starter who takes initiative on projects
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and understanding that extra hours will be required during peak time periods
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.
- Financial Statements
- Trial Balance
- Tax Return
- Discounts And Allowances