Sterling Heights MI
W-2 Contract 30-35 an Hour
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field.
- 1-3 years related engineering experience.
- Strong background in high level programming language such as Ada, C, or C++
- Be comfortable supporting integration issues in a lab and on a vehicle
- Knowledge of Mil STD 1553, Ethernet and CAN data bus desired.
- Knowledge of GIT, BitBucket, and Confluence desired
- Knowledge of DOORS desired
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Linux, Unix & PC experience.
- Develop Fire Control software for the Abrams platform (including power control, diagnostics, states/modes, sights, and ballistics functionality) working closely with CSCI lead for guidance regarding work scope, priorities and timing.
- Perform software requirements analysis.
- Consult with software architect regarding software design
- Develop software preliminary and detail design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Develop code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software.
- Perform hardware/software integration.
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases.
- Develop and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Prepare status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
- Interface with other GDLS departments and business units, including Systems Engineering and Quality.
- Some travel may be required.
Role is a mix of office and lab/vehicle environment.
Role requires being on site approximately 50% of time for lab/vehicle equipment access.
About Advantage Technical
Advantage Technical is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Technical is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Code Review