Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Intrado, formerly West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a Systems Engineer
The team provides engineering expertise and support, design, guidance and technical leadership for a wide range of enterprise platforms and application, with an emphasis on back-office systems.
Specific platforms and applications include Active Directory, Exchange and messaging, collaboration and file sharing, network and server monitoring, workstation management, identity management, and workstation management.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineer and design business platforms and systems that will meet the company's business needs
- Meet with end users (e.g. internal customers) to further identify system requirements, assisting with evaluating and analyzing specifications to determine technical feasibility
- Analyze and evaluate current system architecture to determine areas that need improvement or expanded functionality
- Research, design, and develop new, or enhance current, applications and/or systems to efficiently and effectively meet criteria that have resulted from business or performance analysis and metrics
- Provide hardware refresh plans for division assets.(e.g. Servers, storage devices, workstation hardware, etc)
- Act as Tier III and higher support for outstanding issues for internal and external customers/clients following issue to resolution
- Provide leadership and direction on assigned technical projects/tasks
- Manage vendor activities, including participating in vendor planning sessions to ensure that vendors comply with specifications
- Coordinate vendor activities (e.g., obtain price quotes, negotiate due dates, installation dates, time frames, schedule testing, debugging, installs, moves, changes, etc.) in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field required, however equivalent working experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- Industry relevant certifications are preferred (MCP, MCSE, MOS etc.), but not required
- 3 or more years of experience in systems design/administration required
- Experience working with large scale, distributed environments
- Past experience designing and implementing technical processes to improve consistency and reliability of systems
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple engineering projects
- Highly proficient in Windows technologies: Active Directory, O365, Workstation management and OS imaging, Sharepoint, SCCM, SCOM, Exchange and Azure
- Experience with EndPoint protection, Entrust, RSA, Altiris and Powershell scripting preferred, but not required
Our solutions connect people with each other, and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most – Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories.
This position will be posted for 7 days or until the position is filled.
Server (Computer Science)
Profiling (Computer Programming)