D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Development Vice President-Multifamily. The right candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of new multifamily developments. Primary focus is suburban, garden-style communities. This position coordinates all aspects of development including (i) acquisition, (ii) pre-development planning and zoning, (iii) coordination with parent-controlled general contractor, and (iv) lease-up through stabilization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Formulates and executes a market strategy to maintain a consistent development and construction pipeline by directing the pursuit, entitlement, design and development of multifamily projects
• Implement and execute systems and processes to ensure pro forma development budgets, underwriting, schedules, and quality standards are met
• Source, identify, select and underwrite development opportunities
• Coordinate required activities with local officials, brokers, consultants, etc.
• Negotiate land contracts and purchase agreements
• Oversee due diligence investigations
• Oversee underwriting pro-formas including market information, operating expense data, and estimated hard and soft costs
• Project timeline and spending forecasts
• Oversee required zoning, entitlement, and permitting activities
• Oversee compilation of all components of investment packages
• Lead presentation of development opportunities
• Oversee various governmental/municipal approval processes
• Coordinate with construction personnel to successfully meet budget and timing targets
• Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
• Must have a vehicle and a current valid driver’s license
• Ability to travel overnight
• Participates in decision-making regarding product, mix, parking, and design
• Manage consultant work and relationships
• Work with internal Leasing Operations Manager and third-party property management companies to maximize returns during lease-up
- Supervises 2 or more employees
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in multi-family real estate, development/acquisitions with a minimum of 3 years management experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct presentations to the Investment and Executive Committees
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision
- The noise level is generally moderate
- Proactive, self-directed, and highly motivated
- Ability to analyze and effectively resolve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others and respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Flex Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram