Description Job Description:
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mainframe z/OS Programmer Our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mainframe z/OS Programmer offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
The ESA V program is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Leidos has opportunities for an individual to serve as an IBM z/OS Systems Programmer. The Systems Programmer will work with the Mainframe team, under the direction of the government leadership, to perform technical tasks; support IBM z-series mainframe utilities tools and storage; and support customer driven mission critical mainframe infrastructure to ensure uninterrupted service delivery:
These tasks include:
- Support and manage all aspects of IBM systems programming jobs, scheduling, network, disk, installation and advance troubleshooting
- Maintain and delivery mainframe operations in line with current production schedule and operations.
- Demonstrate ability to support and perform complex jobs and actions to prevent outages and service interruptions.
- Work with customer to learn operation and support knowledge transfer to support staff
- Communicate with internal team members and client team members
Location: This position may be remote but must be open to on-site support in DC, post COVID
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma with 12 years related experience.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation from the Department of Justice prior to beginning work. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
- General z/OS Mainframe experience and proficiency with MVS Commands, WLM, JCL, REXX, CLIST, SDSF, TSO/ISPF, IPCS, STC’s, batch processing, dump reading, etc.
- Experience and proficiency with WebSphere, CICS and DB2 on z/OS.
- Experience and proficiency with Database Administration activities such as object creation, deletion, alter, updating, reorgs, unloads, reloads, image copies, backups, recoveries, etc.
- Experience and proficiency with z/OS performance monitoring tools such as IBM’s Omegamon and BMC’s MainView.
- Experience and proficiency with z/OS mainframe tools such as FDR, MVS QuickRef, InSync, StarTools, ConnectDirect, ASG-OutBound, TN3270, Scheduling and Automation Software and FTP Client Software.
- Experience or exposure with/to z/OS programming languages such as Assembler and COBOL.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with Mainframe security software such as CA Top Secret, ACF2, RACF and using them to protect z/OS resources.
- Experience with mainframe vulnerability scanning for databases and z/OS configurations.
- Experience with mainframe software upgrades.
- Experience and exposure to Mainframe Hardware, DASD Subsystem hardware and virtual tape hardware.
- Experience with z/OS mainframe fail-over and fail-back to/from a DR site.
- Experience working with Developers and Software vendors to resolve software problems.
- Experience working with Auditors to provide requested information.
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mainframe z/OS Programmer.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mainframe z/OS Programmer.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mainframe z/OS Programmer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Rexx (Programming Language)
Interactive System Productivity Facility (Ispf)
System Display And Search Facility (Sdsf)
In Sync Adaptive Traffic Control Systems
Customer Information Control System (Cics)
Job Control Language (Jcl)