Position: Customer Service, International Import & Export Coordinator
Location: Torrance, CA
Reports to: Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working hour : 8am – 5pm (Mon – Fri) *can be modified to 9am – 6am
The global leading Freight Forwarding/ Logistics company is looking for a Customer Service/ Import & Export Coordinator. The main duties include arranging transportation of freight by coordinating internally (export, import, ocean, and air department) and externally (customers).
The position doesn’t require any industry experience and trainings will be provided. The successful candidates can demonstrate the customer service skills both in writing and speaking (most communications will be via email) as well as motivation to develop knowledge of the freight forwarding industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT ARE LIMITED TO:
• Coordinate and arrange transportation of import and export shipment (Air/Ocean).
• Track the movement of cargo and provide up-to-date status to our customers.
• Communicate via email and occasionally phone with overseas partners and offices to request rates and facilitate booking of shipments.
• Work closely with in-house customs brokers.
• Prepare all documents related to each shipment and verify the accuracy.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• 0-3 years of work experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
• Previous work experience as a customer service role is preferred (not mandatory)
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Customer Service
- Freight Forwarding
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word