To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
United States Army • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Parachute riggers are primarily responsible for repairing textile and canvas items, webbed equipment and clothing.JOB DUTIES
- Rig supplies, equipment and vehicles for airdrop
- Perform technical, routine and in-storage rigger-type inspection on cargo, extraction and personnel parachute as well as other airdrop equipment before, during and after each use
- Inventory, clean, receive, store and issue all airdrop equipment used in airdrop operations
- Use and maintain machines and tools for fabrication, modification and repair to parachute and other airdrop equipment
- Inspect, test and install extraction and release systems
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.TRAINING
Job training for a parachute rigger requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Parachute rigging techniques
- Maintenance of air-sea rescue equipment
- Repair of inflatable rafts and other survival equipment
- Maintenance of oxygen equipment
- Knowledge of shop mechanics and science
- High attention to detail
- Interest contributing to the safety of others