To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Worth, TX
- Joby Pillans
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facility Security Officer
Fort Worth, TX
Posted 2 months ago
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit:www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Scope: The Facility Security Officer will direct the development and administration of security programs, procedures and controls for the safeguarding of classified material (NISPOM, DoD 5220.22-M) and proprietary materials and documentation. Oversee the activities of the Fort Worth Operations necessary to ensure compliance with the Special Security agreement (SSA), Visitation Policy (VP) and directives issued by the Elbit Systems of America Government Security Committee (GSC). Responsible for the physical security of Elbit System of America Fort Worth facilities.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Direct and administer the industrial security programs to ensure compliance with government and ESA security regulations. Serve as the primary interface to all levels of management in the areas of industrial security.
- Ensure timely distribution of Department of Defense regulations concerning classified information.
- Oversee investigations involving fraud, theft, sabotage, espionage, subversive activities or employee misconduct.
- Direct and manage the identification system for all employees, service and technical representatives, contractors and visitors to Fort Worth Operations.
- Review all classified contracts to ensure that proper security guidance is received from the government or other contracting officer.
- Serve as the principal advisor to the GSC and attend GSC meetings. Act as an advisor to, and have direct access at any time to the Corporate Security Officer. Act on behalf of the GSC in administering the SSA with their authority as established in applicable Procedures, the SSA and the VP, and other directives issued by the GSC. Provide to the GSC a periodic assessment of effectiveness of the SSA and VAPA and a Summary of Activities. All aspects of the security function shall be carried out under the authority of the GSC.
- Inform the Chairman of the GSC and the Corporate Security Officer of any breach of the SSA and VAPA and provide recommendations, when necessary, to address and correct any recognized security deficiency.
- Responsible for verifying and maintaining the security clearance of all ESA personnel and consultants who require access to classified material. Maintain all facility clearance records, to include DIS Form Letter 381-R, Letter of Notification of Facility Security Clearance; DD Form 441 or 441-1, Department of Defense Security Agreement; and SF Form 328, Certificate Pertaining to Foreign Interests.
- Exercise control and supervision over the receipt, storage and transmission of classified information at ESA, ensuring compliance with applicable government directives. Maintain the Industrial Security Manual for Safeguarding Classified Information, (NISPOM), DoD 5220.22-M and Assist with revising the Corporate Standard Practice Procedures (SPP), as necessary, to implement applicable requirements of the NISPOM.
- Maintain a listing of all classified contracts on which Elbit Systems of America Fort Worth is currently performing, or classified bids, quotes, or proposals in-house.
- Conduct initial briefing to all new employees upon employment and then at least annually to include ESA's Special Security Agreement (SSA), the responsibilities of the Government Security Committee (GSC) of ESA and its subsidiaries, and the Visitation Policy (VP). Ensure that all cleared employees are advised of their individual responsibilities for safeguarding classified information.
- Process requests for government granted personnel security clearances.
- Conduct self-inspection programs for the purpose of evaluating all security procedures applicable to ESA. Maintain records of self-inspections for review during the next regularly scheduled inspection by DSS.
- Select, train and develop subordinates. Review their performance against assigned duties. Recommend all employee status changes including compensation, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- Ensures Information System (IS) compliance in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process manual (DAAPM).
- Oversee the development, documentation and presentation of IS security education, awareness and training activities for IS personnel, users, and others, as appropriate.
- Maintain a facility-focused insider threat program in accordance with the enterprise insider threat plan.
- Assume the role of a Trusted Business Partner for business units/key personnel as assigned by the CSO.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor degree required.
Training Pre-requisites (Required):
- CDSE FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities (IS030.CU)
- JCAVS User Level 2-6 Course (PS183.16)
- COMSEC Training (IAEC-2112)
- Insider Threat Awareness (INT101.16)
- Establishing an Insider Threat Program (INT122.16)
- CDSE Risk Management Framework eLearning courses
Preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Industrial Security Professional (ISP)
Functional (Using Skill Set): 10+ years
Management: 10+ years
Industry: 10 + years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Foreign Ownership and Controlling Influence (FOCI) Regulations.
- National Industrial Security Operations Manual (NISPOM).
- Risk Management Framework as defined in the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM).
Apply for this job online
Make a referral
Share on your newsfeed