Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor on special maintenance projects, which may include preventative maintenance of building components and/or mechanicals
- Complete resident service requests in a timely fashion
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on vacant apartments, occupied apartments, models, clubhouse and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager
- Maintain open communication with all members of property management
- Assist in keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris
- Perform on-call emergency service as required
- Perform snow removal as required
- Attend and assist in setting up for resident functions and activities as needed
- Assist other team members as needed
- Move heavy objects as requested, lifting up to 100lbs and carrying up to 50lbs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends and on an emergency basis.
- Candidates must be detail oriented and hard working.
- Knowledge of residential building systems, including but not limited to, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, condensing units, roof fans.
- Professional building system licenses are preferred and may be required.
- HVAC and/or CFC certifications required (or other applicable designations)
- Lead paint certifications (as necessary)
- CAMTI and CAMTII are preferred
- Successful candidates will exhibit a demonstrable passion for high quality results and a can-do attitude.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Basic Plumbing
- Basic Electric (when no license is required)
- Basic Sheetrock/Drywall
- Basic Carpentry
- Basic Roofs and gutters
- Basic Wallpaper/Painting, including use of paint sprayer
- Basic Foundation/Sidewalk
- Experienced in the use of basic cleaning supplies and equipment
The position requires the ability to read and write English and the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in residential property management or a related field is required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. The position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary. Travel may be required at times to attend various owner gatherings either in the general vicinity of the associates home property, or in another state. You must also be able to attend certain resident events that are held after hours.
- Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
- Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
- Must be capable of physically accessing all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights of up to 50lbs. independently and 100 lbs. with assistance.
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through the corporate office and external sources as needed.
- Rain Gutters