To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA 23173
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director Of Accounting - Richmond
Lumber Liquidators, Inc • Richmond, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Senior VP, Chief Accounting Officer
General Work Schedule:
This position routinely works Monday through Friday. May work beyond a standard fulltime schedule and may involve some evening or weekend work based on business needs.
Number of People Supervised:
Budget Managed ($):
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position assists the Controller in the preparation and review of internal management reports, provide oversight for the accounting team, prepare and review account reconciliations, variance analysis and other ad hoc reports. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS) OF THE POSITION
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential function (job duty/requirement) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities or sincerely held beliefs, to perform the essential functions. Contact HR for additional information.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, internal financial reporting, fixed assets, inventory and balance sheet management.
- Provides technical guidance for all daily accounting processes including inventory control, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets and the daily sales audit.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Coordinates and oversees the Sarbanes Oxley activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Support the annual budget and forecasting processes including review of financial results and any variations from forecast and budget.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records and financial reviews related the revolving line of credit.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities
- Responsible for continued development of these associates
- Assists the Controller in implementation of Company-wide policies and procedures.
- Drive process improvements that result in cost saving initiatives.
- Assists fellow Finance team members with accounting and/or job functions
- Perform other duties or special projects, as assigned by the Controller or CFO.
- Strong business acumen and ability to exercise positive influence in cross-functional teams
- Experience in identifying and implementing process improvements
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and solve problems, analyze, plan and lead and manage projects.
- Ability to analyze financial reports
- Ability to influence others, without the benefit of authority
- Proactively assist others. Step in and help when and as needed
- Execute special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve problems and apply creative and timely solutions.
- Attendance and reliability is extremely important in this position
- Customer Focus – Establish and maintain effective customer relationships. Seek to understand customer needs and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Accountability – Follow through on commitments. Take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Collaboration – Cooperate with others to achieve shared objectives and get work done. Consider interests of others as well as one’s own.
- Instill Trust – Show consistency in word and action. Treat others with respect. Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand, adherence to Company policies and requirements while consistently delivering error free results.
- Leads by example in following the Company Code of Business Conduct (Ethics), all applicable tenants of the Lacey Act and all other applicable laws, policies and procedures. Immediately reports all concerns to the appropriate party.
Lifting / Carrying Requirements
10 lbs. or less
11 – 20 lbs.
21 – 50 lbs.
51 – 80 lbs.
Reach - Outward
Over 80 lbs.
Reach – Above Shoulder
Push / Pull Requirements
Climb – Ladder Use
10 lbs. or less
11 – 15 lbs.
Squat or Kneel
16 – 40 lbs.
41 – 80 lbs.
Over 80 lbs.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is rarely required or is not applicable to this occupation.
Required up to 33% of the time (0 to 2 ½ hours/day)
Required between 33% to 50% of the time (2 ½ to 4 hours/day)
Required more than 50% of the time (more than 4 hours per day)
Other Physical Requirements:
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
- Ability to effectively communicate with others; ability to speak, understand and write English required
- Bachelor’s degree, in Accounting, required
- Graduate degree in Business or Accounting, preferred
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- 7 – 10 years of related experience including 3 to 6 years in public accounting and a minimum of 3 years of management experience including developing, training, and mentoring staff
- CPA required
- Retail experience a plus
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with accounting software (SAP a plus)
Individuals in this position generally work in an office environment that involves the use of office equipment, such as computers, copiers, telephones, and other office machinery/equipment. Individuals may experience occasional exposure to a retail sale and/or warehouse environment involving material moving and heavy equipment (e.g. forklift) where there may be some exposure to moderate noise, outdoor elements (heat and cold) and airborne particles.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and does not change the “at-will” relationship. Lumber Liquidators reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. Contact the Human Resources department (HR) with any questions.