POSITION SUMMARY: In partnership with Denver Dept of Human Services to provide prevention based mental health support and early intervention to young children ages birth to five in preschool/early childhood settings that are residing in foster/kinship care. Provide individual and/or family psychotherapy to young children with clinical disorders.
Spanish Bilingual- $2.50/hr. differential.
MHTII: $21.13/hr. - $25.37/hr.
LPC/LMFT $24.08/hr. - $28.88/hr.
LCSW $25.48/hr. - $30.55/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide consultation to childcare center staff regarding individual children identified by DDHS, including providing guidance about challenging behaviors. Consultant will meet regularly with staff and parents/ foster parents to assess and understand the individual needs of the child and work with the team to develop developmentally and culturally appropriate interventions. Consultant will meet regularly with staff to develop and support reflective functioning.
- Observe children in their childcare setting to assess functioning, relationships with caregivers and other children, and "fit" in the program.
- Meet on-site at childcare program with families to complete assessments, provide developmental guidance and referrals, including linkage to clinical services. Actively assist families in referral process.
- Meet regularly with the childcare staff and the director to address programmatic concerns, as requested, i.e., inter-staff relations, program-wide concerns/changes, staff turnover, curriculum.
- Provide consultation to center staff on programmatic issues that affect the quality of care provided to the children, as requested.
- Facilitate social/emotional groups for young children residing in foster care.
- Facilitate groups to parents with open child protection cases, as well as to county child protection workers on the mental health needs of young children who have been removed from their primary caregivers.
- Provide individual and/ or family psychotherapy to young children with clinical disorders.
- Provide psycho-education and support to families/caregivers.
- Work collaboratively with DDHS staff to ensure a harmonious partnership that meets the needs of MHCD, DDHS and the families served.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation in adherence with program expectations and accountability requirements.
- Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervision as required.
- Provide monthly trainings to center staff and parents on social / emotional topics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or PhD, PsyD. Current License in Colorado as an LCSW, LPC or LMFT preferred.
Minimum of one year of experience working with children ages birth to 5 in a Mental health capacity. Preference for clinicians with experience working with young children with histories of abuse and/or neglect.
$2.50/hr. differential for Spanish Bilingual.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience as a mental health clinician specializing in psychotherapeutic work with young children (ages 0-5) and their families.
- Ability to create strong relationships with adults and children with an understanding of, and respect for, culture and diversity.
- Knowledge of early development, infant/preschool mental health theory and infant/ preschool mental health interventions.
- Work experience in group-settings for children.
- Experience with assessment of young children's social and emotional functioning.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of group dynamics and intervention with adults.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
Radiation Treatment Planning
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (Lmft)
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)
Clinical Social Work
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Community Mental Health Services