Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC
(Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our Electrical team in Arlington Heights, IL.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares client billing on a daily basis.
- Follow up with COA on Booked Pending Billing with required Prepayments/Purchase Orders
- Create Type 1 projects for Intertek locations utilizing A/R billing.
- Mails out all customer invoices.
- Submit billing electronically via customer portals
- Credit Memo Research/Requests/Reconciling and Re-bills.
- Consolidated and Specialty Monthly Billing.
- Monthly Site Based Revenue Recognition Audits
- Validation of Revenue to be accrued
- Assisting in site based billing metrics
- Day-to-day supervision of the billing personnel
- Perform billing personnel related matters as delegated by the supervisor
- Any other ad-hoc projects assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior directly related experience preferred
- Must be an effective communicator, in both written and verbal formats
- Must be assertive and able to interact effectively with employees with various personalities
- Must be able to proactively and effectively manage time and assigned tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all new hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Practical And Pragmatic