The Customer Service Technician compiles ordered pharmaceuticals, supplies, HME and oxygen and makes accurate and timely deliveries of all items to patients’ homes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- May complete appropriate home safety evaluation and patient/caregiver education related to ordered equipment and supplies.
- Performs equipment set-up, orientation, and demonstration of the safe operation and use of HME.
- Assists in general warehouse duties, such as, but not limited to stocking, rotating inventory, receiving, shipping, and processing equipment and supplies.
- Accurately picks and/or compiles ordered supplies, medications, and equipment and obtains supervisor’s crosscheck before leaving the Center.
- Obtains all related documentation, patient education materials and other required paperwork for the delivery prior to leaving the Center.
- Organizes delivery routes to maximize cost-effective and timely deliveries to meet the therapy and patient schedules.
- Calls patients/caregivers to schedule deliveries prior to leaving the Center.
- Informs patients/caregivers if the agreed upon timeframe cannot be met.
- Obtain return demonstration from the patient/caregiver to assure adequate and safe knowledge of the ordered equipment.
- Returns all required documentation for each delivery at the end of each day with a completed route sheet.
- Picks up discontinued equipment and places in the “dirty area” of the vehicle after bagging and tagging the equipment dirty.
- Maintains delivery vehicle in accordance to the Fleet Management Safety Program and company policies and procedures.
- Assists with warehouse duties such as, maintaining inventories, shipping, receiving, placing orders, cleaning equipment, and facility maintenance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Must be 21 years of age or older. Have a working knowledge of the delivery service area and route planning. Previous delivery and/or warehouse experience preferred. Familiar with safe handling and transport of compressed medical gas. Must possess strong organizational and time management skills. Must be available to work flexible hours and rotate on-call responsibilities. Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.