Regional Lumber Engineering Manager, Western Region
Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Regional Lumber Engineering Manager opportunity supporting our Building Products Operations. The Regional Lumber Engineering Manager leads a team of Regional Engineers supporting multiple facilities. This role will support mills in the western region (NE Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi) with occasional support to other areas of the business as needed. The role can be based at one of the lumber facilities or be a home-based opportunity. The individual will spend 50-75% of travel time.
What You Will Do In Your Role
* Strategy - collaborating with your team and operations you will identify, develop, and execute capital projects for various plants inside the building products division while gaining knowledge, developing subject matter experts that create value and competitive advantage.
* Compliance - Ensure company standards and expectations are followed throughout project completion.
* Subject Matter Expert -Provide guidance to operating management, field teams, discuss progress with Senior Leadership, present data validating project priority/status, implement existing & new technology, to enhance processes, quality, and/or product yield; and identify and gain endorsement for scope and deliverable changes necessary to ensure success.
* Project Oversight - Provide direct support to operating group, design team, field teams, and management in the form of process calculations, general arrangement layouts, drawings estimate, cost management / forecasting, scheduling, manage escalations to resolution, report out on safety successes/failures, regularly report on tracking metrics, reprioritization and reallocation of resources as appropriate, assist in creating plan adjustments where applicable, consistently apply knowledge acquired across entire network as needed and when applicable.
* Vendor Management - Identification, assessment of services for understanding and alignment of GP's Market Based Management® approach to doing business, and escalations.
* Leadership - Technical coach to project teams, influence senior leadership to best business outcomes, increase Market Based Management® understanding across project teams, leverage Risk Management System in emphasizing safety commitment among project teams.
* Manager - Lead a group of Project Engineering / Managers in professional growth, review project status, coach, and mentor the team, review designs, and assign projects.
The Experience You Will Bring
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Higher
* Minimum of 5 (Five) or more years of Project Engineering / Project Management experience in the industrial manufacturing environment
* Experience with Mechanical and Process Engineering concepts and applications in a manufacturing environment
* Experience using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and AutoCAD
* Ability to see things in three dimensions, space relations
* Ability to use computers and associated programs
* Project Scoping, Project cost estimation, Project scheduling
* Project involvement from development through completion
* Personnel coaching experience
* Willing and able to travel at least 50%-75% of the time (Project Dependent Fluctuates)
* Willing and able to work in areas without climate control for extended periods of time
What Will Put You Ahead
* Experience in Lumber Industry
* Previous Supervisory Experience
* Demonstrated performance leading teams on large projects
* PMP Designation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
- Auto Cad
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cost Modelling