If you are located in the greater Denver, CO, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.SM
As a Care Coordinator you will be responsible for case management of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
If you are located in the greater Denver, CO area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage caseload of members with behavioral health related issues
- Conduct assessments and develop plans of care to improve member health outcomes
- Provide clinical consultation to nonclinical staff on behavioral health related issues
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Meet all identified performance metrics
- Completion of Biopsychosocial Assessments
- Understanding of common ethical and legal issues in social work practice in health care settings
- Case management/care management/care coordination/health care navigation
- Discharge and transition planning
- Client concordance with and adherence to the Plan of Care
- Client and family engagement in all aspects of social work intervention
- Advanced healthcare planning
- Palliative care, including pain and sx management
- Hospice and End-of-life care
- Crisis Intervention
- Identification of elder/vulnerable adult abuse, trauma, neglect and exploitation
- Facilitation of benefits and resource acquisition to assist clients and families, including an understanding of related policies, eligibility requirements, and financial and legal issues.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED (or higher)
- Active and unrestricted Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Colorado
- 2+ years post-Masters experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient Microsoft skills (able to open, save, create, edit, and send Word Documents, Excel Spreadsheets, Outlook Emails)
- Reliable transportation for field visits
- Ability to travel locally to conduct field visits up to 40% of the time
- Social work experience in a medical environment (hospital/SNF/LTC)
- Knowledge of both Medical and Behavioral Health Diagnosis and terminology
- In-depth knowledge of symptom identification and intervention, associated with Behavioral Health and Substance Use disorders
- Proficiency in Trauma Informed Care driven interventions
- Knowledge of APS reporting processes
- Experience working with complex family systems and dynamics
- Knowledge of resources to address SDOH
- Knowledge of hospital admission and discharge processes
- Experience in Crisis Intervention
- Understanding of health disparities among various membership, based on their race or ethnicity; religion; socioeconomic status; sexual orientation; gender, gender identity; age; mental health; cognitive, sensory or physical disability; geographic location or other characteristics historically linked to discrimination and exclusion
- Knowledge of EBP related to Micro-, mezzo-, and macro-level preventative health care
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group - approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Bilingual / Multilingual
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Managed care experience (MCO)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Care Coordinator - Work From Home
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $ 53300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: LPC, Licensed Professional Counselor, LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Social Worker, Counselor, Therapist, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Case Manager, Care Coordinator, Columbia, MO, Missouri, Pediatrics, Dual Diagnosis, Substance, Abuse, MCO, Managed Care. work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO