Icon has an immediate need for an Associate Accountant/Accounts Payable Speialist fo ra 6 month contract in Houston, TX (77010).
Maintain accounts payables ledgers by frequently communicating with vendors, customers and different departments in their organization to resolve outstanding payments and clarify issues related to balances remaining on Accounts Payable Trade accounts within in our accounting policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: SAP is a MUST
* Responsible for GR IR (intermediary clearing account in SAP for goods & invoices in transit) reconciliations, request approvals & follow up clearing and proper actions to minimize impact for this account (Aged GR IR) Oversee AP Account Reconciliations working closely with AP Shared Service Centers (SSC)
* Analyze AP KPIs, process data and identify exceptions that needs attention
* Monitor vendor debit balances, aged and overdue items, payment exceptions and work with AP team and business stakeholders to get resolutions.
* Support month-end processes in AP by performing monthly closing activities, including GRIR reconciliation for all company codes and intercompany.
* Understand freight payment processing and provide direction and assistance to 3rd party provider
* Liaison between Purchasing and Finance, analyzing and resolving issues. Help explaining processes and educate stakeholders so they can operate the process more effectively.
* Full understanding of the SAP ERP FI and MM modules
* Provide Support to AP Customers (Employees and Vendors)
* Run and format MRBR, GRIR and IDOC Reports for weekly Purchasing meeting
* Must respond to requests made in a fast paced environment by upper management that require data to be extracted from SAP and converted to Excel or some other application
* Research and provide responses to vendor inquiries from internal and external customers.
* Have a detailed understanding of the P2P cycle (Purchase to Pay Cycle)
* Support senior level accountants and auditors. Receive, process and record vendor invoices using SAP ERP. Reconcile employee expense reports and employee vendor accounts. Posting and reconciling recover of stale credits by working with our recovery agent to recover duplicate payments and/or state credits. Assist in posting and reconciling monthly intercompany transactions. Processing of refund checks including reconciliation of our refund check general ledger.
* Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge and experience with project management.
* Knowledge and experience with bookkeeping.
* Ability to be team player that is a motivated self-starter, detail and results oriented.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal personnel.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to interact effectively with all people.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions.
* Ability to apply basic accounting principles.
* High School Diploma. Bachelor's Degree in accounting or similar major.
* Minimum 1-4 years' experience with accounting.
Note: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client policies and procedures