Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy, and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs, and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Powders Operations Technician
The General Processing Technician performs the operations necessary to safely produce gas atomized powders, at the correct size, and quality necessary to achieve world class coating and printing products. It is expected that these standards be met by following Praxair Standard practices in all aspects of this job.
- Ability to read, understand and use Product Manufacturing Instructions (PMI’s), Job-Safety Analysis’ (JSA), and sizing production schedule to accomplish daily production tasks
- Follows step by step instructions detailed by senior operators in turnover reports, written job instructions, or verbal instructions
- Displays basic understanding and knowledge regarding safe operation of the atomization processing equipment (i.e. classifiers, screeners, blenders, vacuum equipment, electrical pallet jacks, overhead crane, forklift, etc.)
- Demonstrates a basic level of skill and knowledge related to sizing operations (i.e. screen mesh, classifier settings, blend calculations, etc.) requires assistance from senior operator or team leader to complete tasks
- Capable of performing basic math including percentages to calculate and weigh out heats
- Safely performs equipment cleaning, rotating bins on screeners, and rebuilding screens with routine guidance from senior leadership
- Inspects and tests products with QC lab to monitor and control production process
- Performs basic statistical process control such as tracking data and updating charts, KPI’s for department
- Displays ability to make minor and routine adjustments to production equipment without the assistance from maintenance
- Displays basic ability to function within database management tools such as Oracle, eAM, etc.
- Collaborates cross-functionally between operations, engineering, quality departments
- Manages own daily workflow requirements to meet production schedule
- Ability to complete forklift certification within 60 days of employment
- Support current and new safety initiatives/policies
- Maintain equipment and housekeeping within work environment
- Ability to cross-train within other areas of the plant
- Other Duties Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read, comprehend and understand work instructions as well as technical specifications
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Must be able to operate fork truck, electric hoist, and overhead crane.
- Capable of lifting to 40lbs
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger manipulation, occasional stooping, crouching, and climbing
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ and their families’ wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person’s home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individua
l who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
- Industrial Production