Perform the duties and responsibilities of a staff-level engineer to support the Stringfellow team to ensure plant facilities and equipment are operated and maintained to meet the goals of all regulatory agencies, process directives and client expectations. Demonstrate a complete understanding of skills necessary to support groundwater treatment plant operations, monitoring and maintenance activities, and support the project team to meet the defined goals. A minimum of three years of experience in industrial wastewater treatment plant facilities, including metal precipitation, sludge processing, activated carbon adsorption, and instrumentation systems is required. The position requires the candidate to obtain a Class II Industrial Wastewater Certification from CWEA within the first year of employment. A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is necessary for consideration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / JOB DUTIES
- Implement process directives and adjust processing systems to meet targets.
- Support the efforts of the Health and Safety Officer and the Site Safety Coordinator.
- Follow the recommended actions and programs to improve worker safety and guide workers in safety performance in their duties.
- Ensure implementation of site-specific Health and Safety Plan and H&S training.
- Support project activities effectively, efficiently, and safely.
- Provide oversight of filed work to track progress, schedule, and budget for non-routine projects. Non-routine projects include construction activities, sampling activities and misc. corrective and seasonal maintenance activities.
- Review plant operational data, operations logs, and ensure accuracy.
- Prepare monthly reports and other project reports for review by Project Engineer and Project Manager.
- Prepare written and oral reports as necessary.
- Oversee subcontractors.
- Supervise sample collection and sample analysis.
- Review plant operations to ensure reliability, economy, and compliance with all effluent requirements.
- Evaluate plant status and performance that originates from modifications and improvements.
- Identify the training needs of personnel, work with Supervisors, Project Engineer, and Project Manager to coordinate training programs and train other key employees.
- Maintain effective and professional relations with plant personnel, client, corporate staff and public.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with respect to all company/plant information.
- Responsible for regular updates to Project Engineer, and Project Manager.
- Demonstrate computer operations capabilities to utilize plant operating systems.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the Windows Operating System, applications software, CMMS software systems, and features.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publishers to establish technical specifications and to prepare subject material to be developed for publication.
Must have a four-year college or university degree in an engineering discipline; master’s degree in related technical field preferable.
Ability to plan and organize and directly control the utilization of scarce resources.
Possess knowledge of and experience with industrial wastewater and hazardous waste treatment facility operations.
Excellent command in Windows Operating System. Working knowledge of CAD, CMMS software, and database desired.
Must be reliable, thorough, and dependable with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Possess excellent technical writing skills to develop and update project plans and manuals for publication.
Capable of assuring that environmental site cleanup activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances of Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies.
Ability to interface effectively with clients including preparing and presenting information at meetings.
Must present a neat, courteous, and professional appearance and attitude at all times.
Demonstrated experience on OM&M of a hazardous waste site groundwater treatment facility or an industrial wastewater treatment facility, and shall have demonstrated past responsibilities for data analysis and reporting.
Must have at least three years of experience.
Spends 40% of the time in the operations environment and 60% of the time in the office environment. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions and drive a company vehicle to perform duties.
The work environment involves possible operations hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises which require following basic safety precautions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and enter confined spaces. May be required to use ladders or stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.