WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
The Blue Apron Packaging Procurement Team diligently and passionately identifies, evaluates, and procures the highest quality packaging materials used to fulfill our meal kit deliveries, in order to provide our customers with an amazing overall experience. The ongoing development of strong partnerships with our teammates and suppliers is our core recipe for success, as we constantly seek out new, innovative solutions that will allow us to offer our customers more value in every Blue Apron meal kit they receive.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU:
The Supply Planner will support the procurement process for multiple packaging items, with the goal of providing Blue Apron’s Supply Chain and Operations Teams with continuity of supply and achieved value (in terms of quality, service, and price) for these key packaging components.
This position reports to the Manager of Packaging Procurement & Planning, and will be located in our company headquarters in New York, NY.
NECESSARY INGREDIENTS: The successful candidate must:
- Support the Supply Chain and Operations teams with the process of maintaining optimal levels of packaging inventory at each Fulfillment Center to ensure all customer orders are delivered on-time and in-full, and not impacted by shortage in packaging items
- Resolve issues related to invoicing, product quality, and delivery coordination with suppliers
- Ensure data included in Blue Apron’s Purchase Order and Costing systems are up-to-date and accurate, through execution of periodic audits
- Coordinate returns process for non-compliant / rejected inbound shipments of packaging items
- Participate in pre-scheduled periodic inventory counts and conduct ad-hoc inventory counts as requested by management
- Assist procurement leadership with the development and execution of competitive sourcing strategies, with the goal of driving incremental value (defined as a function of quality, service, and financial terms) for Blue Apron
- Place purchase orders for all packaging materials to keep our fulfillment operations running smoothly and closely monitor purchase orders including order acknowledgements, delivery, and release.
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date product information within our master inbound trackers by facility
- Enter new products and price changes promptly and accurately into our purchase order system
- Liaison between vendors, fulfillment, and AP for gathering necessary receiving documentation
- Troubleshoot delays by providing options and solutions
- Weekly cycle prep emails to facility managers noting specific inventory and receiving actions needed with key deadlines
- Forecast annual volumes to help execute procurement strategies that will deliver against business objectives
- Complete special projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance or business-related discipline
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Procurement / Planning / Supply Chain Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively a variety of cross-functional teams
- Proven organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple functions and projects simultaneously
- Strong business / financial acumen
- Ability to self-motivate and problem solve in a fast-paced setting filled with hard deadlines
- High level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Supply Chain Management