Are you our next Director IT - North American Operations Platform Leader?
The Director, IT - North American Operations Platform Leader will partner with executives of North American Mining Operations, Procurement, Plant Maintenance and EH&S to identify and deliver transformational and innovative technology capabilities to improve business performance. This role will direct the delivery of new business capabilities for assigned areas, support for designated IT products and manages product lifecycles appropriately. The potential value creation from these capabilities is substantial as modest improvements could result in multimillion dollar outcomes.
What will you do?
What do you need for this role?
- Operates a highly-effective engagement model with executives and strategic decision-makers to identify opportunities to generate business value and understand the respective business strategies to ensure IT strategies are aligned.
- Provide thought leadership to influence senior leaders to leverage technology to generate improved business performance, by introducing and educating on new technologies.
- Partner with stake holders to develop value propositions for their opportunities.
- Lead the high-quality execution of transformational process improvement initiatives.
- Align project approaches of agile, waterfall or hybrid to minimize time to value for the business, and constantly strive for breakthrough outcomes.
- Optimize and operate support and base services for assigned IT products, ensuring support meets business expectations.
- Effectively manage the lifecycle of assigned IT products, by planning patching and version upgrades.
- Effectively manage relationsips with key vendors such as application software and contracting organizations.
- Engage with the IT Practice leaders to provide visibility of demand for the respective practice and plan for rotation of embedded practice personal.
- Collaborate with other platform leaders on cross-platform initiatives.
- Other job duties and projects as assigned.
- Develop and coach employees in order to retain and expand organizational talent through focused attention and effort.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles and the business.
- Manage performance issues when necessary.
- Work with employees on their career and development plans.
- Manage succession plans for the IT organization.
- Bachelor's Degree required with a major in Information Technology, Engineering or Business preferred.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Business preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology and/or plant operations with substantial experience in leadership roles.
- Significant experience in digital strategy development and execution in manufacturing or mining industries.
- Knowledge of operations practices in a variety of industries.
- Plant or Mine Operations experience is strongly preferred.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills, including the ability to effectively present concepts and proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to influence business partners and promote change.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to challenge team to achieve breakthrough results and ensure team is appropriate skilled.
- Strong motivational leader that possesses a hands-on, lead by example approach.
- Ability to effectively work and create strong and effective partnerships with employees at all levels with the organization.
- Proven strategic planning and skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong business acumen.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. occasionally.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
Thank you for your interest in opportunities with The Mosaic Company. Click Here to join our Talent Network and get notified of future openings!
Complex Problem Solving