Ability to believe in our customer centered culture to deliver a superior customer service experience.
The Shoe Carnival Store Associate assists customers with selecting and purchasing merchandise and offers a Surprise in Store through excellent customer service.
- Greets and interacts with customers using Total Customer Service Standards:
- Smiles and says "Hello" to customers.
- Helps find shoes and accessories by understanding customers' needs and preferences.
- Offers Shoe Perks, Ship from Store and Shoes 2U programs.
- Engages customers in the concept by communicating in store specials over the microphone.
- Says "Thank you" to customers.
- Follows Loss Prevention guidelines to deter theft and manage mismates.
- Manages aisle maintenance and product displays; assists in unloading trucks, floor moves, merchandising and freight plans, pricing, promotional displays and store housekeeping.
- Assists in training for consistent application of standards, product placement and/or cash handling to include collecting payments, and processing returns and exchanges.
- Provides overrides, performs safe and till counts, and reconciles cash settlements upon completion of cash office training.
- Delegates tasks to associates, oversees work assignments, and communicates department successes and opportunities.
- One year of customer service and previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to execute the concept and complete all required training.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn the store's point-of-sale system.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee & Family Discounts
- Relocation Opportunities
- Active Listening
- Customer Service
- Loss Prevention