Join us to Shape a better world!
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally.?Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination,?technology, and?rigor?to shape a better world
The Integrated Planning team at Arup performs work in the following areas:
* Transportation/traffic engineering/planning
* Transit analysis and design
* Conceptual transportation design
* Transportation policy analysis, including policy analysis
* Transportation data analysis and visualization
* Focus on transportation equity, carbon neutrality and resiliency
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies, or policies
* Data collection and analysis
* Completing and documenting technical analyses
* Report writing
* Performing analyses using a variety of tools including Excel, PowerBI, GIS, R, FME and (depending on the project) more detailed tools such as Massmotion, SYNCHRO, Vissim, HASTUS, and Remix.
* Attending team, consultant and client meetings
* Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
* Bachelor's Degree in urban planning, transportation, sociology, economics, civil engineering, data science, or a related field
* 3.0 GPA or higher required
* The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization
* skills required for our constantly evolving environment
* Experience using CAD, GIS or other analytical software's
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
* Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
* Ability to contribute to projects our team works on
* Must not now, nor in the future require visa sponsorship to maintain work authorization
* Master's degree in Transportation Planning, Transportation Engineering or related field
* Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface
* Internship with transportation consulting firm or major transportation agency
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our Transportation team include:
* Lower Hudson Transit Link
* MBTA Bus Network Redesign
* Link21/Second Transbay Rail Crossing Planning and Engineering
* San Jose Access and Mobility Plan
Benefits that Work?- At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working?- We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Graduate Transportation Planner (Available 2023)
- Data Analysis
- Data Collection