To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4120 West Markham Street
Little Rock, AR 72205
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Billing Specialist - Credit Balance/Refund
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences • Little Rock, AR
Posted 2 months ago
The Credit Balance/Refund Specialist researches credit balances and takes appropriate action as identified through analysis. The Credit Balance/Refund Specialist reverses non-allows, researches refund request and recommends as appropriate, researches insurance company requests for reimbursement of over-payments and processes insurance and patient refund requests. The Credit Balance/Refund Specialist will determine the appropriate amount of overpayment or incorrect payment, determines if a refund is needed and generates the paperwork necessary to initiate the production of a paper check from the Accounts Payable department. The Refund Specialist will follow all policies related to refund generation, as well as any rules imposed by Internal Audit or Compliance. Incumbent must demonstrate good verbal and communication skills.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: Yearly $26,531 (Hourly $12.76)Responsibilities
- Identifies all credit balance accounts through system reports and online work lists/work-queues.
- Receives request for refunds from patient, internal departmental request or third party correspondence.
- Researches all accounts for appropriateness of refund and adjusts contractual allowances as needed.
- Collects documentation to understand overpayment or incorrect payment.
- Determines if refund is appropriate based on in-depth analysis of patient account(s).
- Researches patient’s account history and applies patient overpayment to any outstanding patient balances.
- Process refund requests as appropriate and document in patient’s account.
- Complies and provides additional supporting refund documentation as requested.
- Ensures that all refunds requests are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Attaches supporting documentation on a weekly basis upon receipt of processed refund checks and prepares for mailing.
- Responsible for ensuring processed refunds balance between the patient accounting system and the accounts payable system.
- Records refund balanced figures on the Refund Balancing document weekly.
- Reports to management trends that presents themselves during the course of daily activities.
- Review and resolve undistributed payments.
- The ability to determine over-payments or incorrect payments and determine if a refund is needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 3 years in cash posting, account billing or follow-up in a health care setting.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, basic money handling skills, basic knowledge of the appropriate accounting system.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- EPIC experience.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously
Taste or smell: Continuously
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity