$65000.00 to $75000.00 yearly
A growing non- profit charter school located in Southwest Houston is adding an Accounting Manager to their team! The Accounting Manager will report to the Assistant Controller and manage a team of Accountants.
• Train Staff Accountant on policies and procedures related to all relevant tasks
• Manage day-to-day activities of the revenue accounting team to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• Maintain and monitor school revenue tracking software
• Monitor AR receivable balances
• Ensure revenue transactions are properly accounted for
• Capital budgeting and helping construct financial reports out of accounting system
• Ability to understand databases and analyze data to provide analysis to Finance Leadership Team
• Maintain General Ledger system
• Perform monthly close procedures
• Conduct technical accounting research- knowledge of US GAAP and the ability to research and understand ASC standards is a mut
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel – ability to write macros/VBA is a plus
Ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA is a plus)
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience through financials, including some leadership experience.
• Desire to work in a non- profit supporting children and their education.
• Strategic Mindset, aptitude for conflict, and strong delegation ability as this position will manage multiple staff accountants
Compensation is up to 75K plus bonus. Excellent benefits include 20 days of vacation plus all school holidays and a $0 cost employee HMO plan.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf
-Experience or desire to be part of a mission driven non- profit organization.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of recent relevant financial experience
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- Sage Intacct experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with general ledger
- Sage Intacct experience highly desired
- Command of Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Eager problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
- Demonstrated technology and analytical abilities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Manager- Non-Profit
for more information.
- Accounts Receivable
- Balance Sheet
- Data Analysis