Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest(R) company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions.
It's more than a job; it's a career.
General description of duties:
* Plan, supervise, and control available resources associated with the timely, damage-free, and safe loading/unloading of freight on assigned shifts.
* Maintain appropriate load plans, and ensure proper load balance for safe vehicle operation.
* Assign job tasks to workers according to unloading and loading schedules.
* Coordinate work assignments, and monitor performances.
* Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary recommendations, as needed.
* Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and visiting customers.
* Foster safe handling, loading, unloading, and storage of hazardous materials.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
* Support our values driven culture focused on creativity, integrity, collaboration, growth, excellent, and wellness.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred.
Experience: Service Center, transportation, and/or other related experience, preferred. Supervisory experience, preferred. General knowledge of freight, imports, exports, and proper freight handling techniques.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: General knowledge of freight, imports, exports, and proper freight handling techniques.
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
* Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
* Vacation eligibility during the first year!
Questions about this position? Email us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Supervisor, Operations I
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Supervisor, Operations I
or call us at
. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
- Hazardous Materials
- Import/Export Logistics
- Microsoft Office
- Positive Attitude
- Team Working