To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. National Business Banking Loan Administrator
Flagstar Bank • Troy, MI
Posted 19 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleSr. National Business Banking Loan Administrator
Job SummaryThe Senior National Business Banking Loan Administrator is responsible for supporting the National Business Banking Director and Regional Business Banking, Business Banking, SBA, and Middle Market lending group managers, relationship managers, and RAs/Sr. RAs (Relationship Assistants) by providing customer service to commercial clients and internal customers. Responsibilities includes assisting customers with any issues or concerns regarding loans, accounts, and any other products or services. This individual will also support managers and relationship managers through the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and bank operating/sales management systems.
- Provides highest level of quality service to each customer, both internal and external while achieving departmental metrics.
- Responds to, takes ownership of, troubleshoots and resolves difficulties, technical issues and questions from Flagstar customers and customer support specialists, supervisors and management in an efficient, timely and professional manner via the phone, email, bank CRM systems, Salesforce, AFS and Baker Hill/One Point.
- Communicates with other business units so that all customer service issues are resolved expeditiously, service level expectations are achieved and issues are added and prioritized on business unit project lists.
- Works cohesively with department manager to assist and manage calendar, travel & expenses, prepare and manage various reports/metrics and other presentation materials and decks, and any other admin or support responsibilities including various internal and external audits (e.g., compliance/regulatory, internal, SBA, etc.).
- Coordinates and manages department external and internal client events. Additionally, provides support to the entire NBB / MM team with their needs as well. Assists, supports, and trains new RAs/Sr. RAs as needed.
- Manages departmental team meetings by managing calendar invites, create, copy and provide material for team meetings weekly or bi-weekly. Follows up and manages action items discussed at meetings.
- Works with credit department to coordinate weekly deal screen packages. Prints and distributes portfolio review copies to department and or other meeting material when needed.
- Gathers new account documents for opening checking accounts and coordinates this process with supporting treasury teams. Monitors the opening of loans and deposits. Makes outbound courtesy calls to all new account customers. Reviews and facilitates appropriate notifications of client overdrafts on a daily basis.
- Coordinates and assists the Lenders with loan closing activity with communications to outside legal support and internal Operations, clients, internal loan processors, post-closing assistants, portfolio managers, and other supporting departments involved with the loan closing process.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies, procedures, and/or guidelines require change or where new ones need to be developed. Works on projects or additional responsibilities as assigned by management. Additional duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- High School Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent is required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of customer service experience with commercial banking/business banking C&I, commercial real estate (investor and owner occupied), branch banking, and treasury / cash management
- Has knowledge in origination of loans and closing process
- Demonstrated understanding of loan booking procedures
- Excellent understanding of banking laws and functions for compliance issues (e.g., Reg B, HMDA, appraisals, etc.)
- Familiar with standard banking procedures/ processes on account inquiries, investigations, and productivity reports (ex: pipeline reporting)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to adapt to new demands and challenges and work under minimal supervision
- Proficient and highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and with the Internet, and at independently creating presentations, decks, and other materials, and the ability to learn new programs/software as necessary are required
- Ability to use a 10 key calculator
- Familiarity with AFS, SalesForce, and Baker Hill/One Point is a plus
- Periodic local travel to and from Troy HQs and/or remote loan group offices or branches (could be very nominal or occasionally up to several days per week or month depending on staffing, training, and/or work load and capacity). Overnight travel would be very rare (e.g., West MI offices)
- The job requires a moderate degree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting.
Internal Use Only: Band G - Hourly
Job ID: 02636
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.