Reporting to the President of Company, the VP Sales, Marketing, and Commercial Development, is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing business and market strategy, achieving business targets and marketing the platform technologies of Company Chemical domestically and internationally. Specific responsibilities include business and market development; market research and planning; strategic direction, customer relations; cost / pricing ratio and margin growth. The Vice President helps develop new products, responsible for the planning and execution of sales, and ensures development and revenue benchmarks are met.
Develops the strategies to build the company’s customer base, identify potential partners, and implement strategies, domestically and internationally including emerging markets and new products to meet the business needs of current and potential customers, Achieve gross margin goals and objectives year over year.
In collaboration with the Business Unit Leaders, leads the commercial business team on the strategic and tactical execution of new business opportunities, short and long term planning initiatives, increased gross margin and market share. Secondary responsibility includes the strategic succession planning, development and mentoring of internal talent to solidify the next generation of commercial business leadership.
Drives value-creating insights, recommendations, and solutions across multiple projects, and communicate with senior executives to develop and implement selected courses of action. Diversify and grow the revenue base and ensure viable options are in place for long-term business sustainability. Concurrently manages multiple projects (domestic and international) and complex business opportunities. Requires prioritization of projects inline with business goals and objectives. Represents Company at external meetings, conferences, seminars to access new opportunities and to develop external network.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry; MBA desired.
• 20-25 years preferred in specialty chemicals industry
• 10+ years’ experience as a VP/Global Director level in sales, marketing and commercial development role.
• Proven ability to lead, manage others to help grow their business, and develop talent to get results
• Excellent at building customer relationships
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
Primary Job Accountabilities:
• Develop and implement new commercial business strategies across the organization and market.
• Lead / Drive evaluation of new business opportunities.
• Manage relationships with company’s “key” partners and customers.
• Preparation of appropriate proposal documents including market and financial analyses.
• Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
• Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and business / operational models.
• Help drive a culture of continuous improvement and professional development.
• Identify business opportunities and threats with corresponding strategic plan to maximize and diminish accordingly.
• Identify unprofitable business and develop exit strategy.
• Build a talent pipeline that supports business growth and enduring success.
Direct Reports includes 3 – Business Unit Leaders, 3 Europe/Middle East, China, and Japan Sales Managers, and 5 U.S. Regional Sales Managers