We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and thats important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we cant turn into opportunity. And our work depends on an Applications Developer joining our team to support Government activities at Herndon, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Applications Developer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to design and develop mission apps and lead small team projects. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Develop apps in varying degrees of scale, risk, and complexity,
- Serve as a technical lead for the design, testing, and implementation of complex apps,
- Consult with clients to develop complex user requirements,
- Translates user requirements from formal requirements documents into an application and/or database design, and
- Write interfaces to companion applications and databases.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 20 years related experience.
- Technical Skills: Full life-cycle application software development, involvement of all aspects of the application software development life-cycle, and work with legacy application conversion.
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience exhibiting customer service skills, working in a team environment, and Ruby on Rails platform.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customers ability to effectively prosecute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
User Requirements Documents
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)
Software Development Life Cycle