Have you considered being a Road Supervisor? Now is your chance!
First Transit is looking for a Road Supervisor in Antioch, CA to serve as first line supervisors for drivers, customer response, driver field evaluation, and accident first-responders. We are seeking a safety-oriented, strong communicator with impeccable leadership qualities as well as excellent time management, prioritization, customer service, and organizational skills.
That is exactly why our employees say this is the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Our Road Supervisors enjoy:
- $19.00- $26.10/ HR (Depending on experience)
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Our Road Supervisors are responsible for:
- Communicating job requirements and responsibilities to drivers
- Taking responsibility for day-to-day scheduling, counseling, and evaluation reports to local management
- Conducting on-the-screen accident investigation; assisting drivers in preparing accident reports, OSHA reports, and safety violation documents
- Designing and delivering driver training and safety courses; trains new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents; Creating and coordinating driver training dates/times
- Observing drivers on the road and correcting safety problems on the scene while documenting violations
- Being a liaison between drivers, organizations, and clients regarding customer service issues
- Evaluating and monitoring driver safety and performance as well as complying with legal employment and labor policy matters
- Assisting Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug testing and record keeping
- Assisting in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed; Filing and maintaining clerical records and reporting pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping or technical operations
- Preparing, proofing, and typing payrolls/ other financial reports; Receiving and counting cash; Maintaining cash book or other control record
To qualify as a Road Supervisor, you’ll need:
- A High School Diploma or GED, College Level education highly desirable.
- Must have leadership/supervisory experience
- Two (2) years of Transit/Bus Operator experience desired but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and willingness to help out in a variety of situations.
- Ability to make quick decisions and work under pressure effectively.
- Prioritizes assignments and organizes time.
- To meet driver qualifications at location
- To obtain and maintain CDL Class B license
First Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status.