To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1207 N Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23230
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CORT • Richmond, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country’s leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world’s leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are
the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, helping millions of individuals and more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies with their event and relocation needs making a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
The primary purpose of this job is to safely and efficiently deliver and install residential and office furnishings within the
agreed upon time frame and in accordance with the lease agreement.
- Check furniture to ensure acceptable condition for delivery prior to loading truck.
- Accurately and safely load truck, scanning and checking items against lease agreement.
- Deliver and install furniture in a safe manner and within agreed upon timeframe.
- Pickup furniture at lease end.
- Report all pick-up and delivery issues to dispatch and record information on paperwork.
- Document start and end times at each stop for productivity purposes.
- Confirm all electronics and lighting work prior to leaving the stop.
- Wipe down and touch-up furniture once delivered to ensure its integrity.
- Provide world class customer service.
- Unload, sort and scan returned furniture to download/repair.
- Utilize helper to spot when driving the box truck in reverse.
- Fold blankets and store equipment and supplies in an effort to keep the truck organized.
- Perform checklist of truck to ensure all equipment and supplies are available.
- Support warehouse functions as needed.
- Drivers are assisted by the Delivery Helper.
Delivery Driver productivity standard is approximately 30 pieces/hour.Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent or 1 plus years of experience without a degree
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have valid state driver’s license and safe driving record
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.