Oversees the supervision, training and professional development of those team members held accountable for carrying out all aspects of the general ledger accounting functions and consolidation/financial reporting work product deliverables for a growing $7 billion service industry leader. Responsible for ensuring that all work product deliverables are completed professionally in an efficient, accurate and timely manner and comply with the deadlines established in the Monthly Financial Reporting Calendar and the quarterly Lender Covenant Certification filings. Key deliverables include overseeing the creation and delivery of timely and accurate financial statements, development and implementation of key financial controls embedded within the financial close process, all in an effort to develop a World Class Finance and Accounting team. Assists SVP & Chief Accounting Officer in responding to consultant inquiries on an as-needed basis.
1. Working closely with the Director of General Ledger Accounting, evaluate, critique and reengineer current monthly close processes to gain further efficiencies while enhancing account reconciliation accuracy and timeliness of completion. Evaluate account reconciliation tools (e.g., Blackline or Hyperion Account Reconciliation Close Services - ARCS) to aid in identifying potential adjustments prior to final close.
2. Oversee the Mid-Year IFRS/GAAP review and Annual IFRS/GAAP audit examination performed by Deloitte LLP, inclusive of the development and issuance of the IFRS reporting template and annual report. Develop aggressive, yet achievable timeline for the commencement and completion of the review/audit and ensure that all review/audit requests are handled professionally and are submitted in a timely and accurate fashion to the auditors.
3. Complete annual evaluation of SOX controls currently in place and adopt corrective actions where needed. Partner with other functional departmental leaders (Shared Services, Treasury, COE Finance, Financial Systems, Legal/Risk Management, HR/Benefits and Acquisitions) to expand communication on operational/accounting matters that impact business performance, tighten the identification and evaluation of close related issues, and strengthen the system of internal controls.
4. Oversee the development and timely distribution of Corporate Accounting’s Monthly Close Process/Financial Reporting Calendar to those contributing members of the monthly close, including the ancillary business unit controllers.
5. Assist Director of General Ledger Accounting in partnering with acquisition target company finance team to effectively carryout accounting integration activities such as account mapping, correlation of accounting policies and procedures and close related timing deadlines.
6. Manage the 401k audit for Puerto Rico legal entity with local auditors.
1. Develop and manage World Class general ledger and financial reporting functions for a growing, acquisitive $7 billion service industry leading company.
2. Demonstrate effective, approachable leadership style capable of inspiring their team and become an effective contributor to the senior financial leadership team.
3. Comprehend complex technical accounting and financial reporting matters and demonstrate the ability to discern these issues into an easy to understand, commercial manner to the Company’s Field Operators and others.
Primary Competencies or Non-Negotiables:
• Demonstrate through daily actions the unwavering ability to be fully accountable, employ fact-base driven decision-making, results oriented, team player who understands how to overwhelm its customers (both internal and external).
• Assume ownership for our company’s success.
• Promote and embody our culture, values and belief with passion.
• Take ownership of issues, seek solutions.
• Take responsibility, do the right thing.
• Project energy and enthusiasm.
• You are part of a team and have a responsibility to everyone on it.
Education: BS/BA Degree - Accounting (Required) MBA/MS – Finance or Accounting (Preferred)
License: Active Certified Public Accountant
(1) Proficient knowledge of GAAP (inclusive of public company accounting standards), IFRS and financial reporting discipline.
(2) SEC reporting experience highly desirable.
(3) Ability to prepare financial statements and supporting footnotes, MD&A, Risk Factors
(4) Evaluate and critique existing processes and shown the ability to reengineer and drive
(5) Ability to sell your ideas to independent Audit Engagement Partner and secure his/her
(6) Supervise, develop and grow staff knowledge and leadership capabilities.
(7) Prior Internal Audit experience a plus.
Years of Experience: 12 – 18, inclusive of 4-5 years in Big 4 public accounting firm and industry
experience, preferably in a large, leading industry service provider.
• Demonstrates the company’s core values and complies with all Company policies and procedures
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions and expectations.
• Keeps abreast of changes to existing financial accounting and reporting changes.
• Effectively identifies and resolves problems in high visibility, high stress situations.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Effectively communicates with regulatory agencies, independent auditors, attorneys, support peers and all levels of corporate management.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: URL blocked - click to apply.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.