Job Title: Network Engineering Field Technician
Job Code: SAS20221411-93422
Job Location: Herndon, VA
L3Harris is looking for a Network Engineering Field Technician to perform installation, maintenance, and repairs to a wide variety of telecommunications systems, equipment, cabling, and to other related systems and equipment "off-site" (at customer's locations) in the assigned region. The Field Tech will also perform other related work as required.
* This is a support level position requiring a thorough knowledge of the installation, maintenance, and repair of telecommunications related systems and/or equipment, gained through formal education or from considerable and varied experience in working with the installation, service activation, maintenance, and repair of telecommunication systems and devices.
* Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration, test and preventative maintenance of network equipment, telecommunications equipment and/or computers.
* Proficient in Microsoft or UNIX operating systems, and the components of the MS Office Suite. Maintains records on repairs, down time, changes and updates.
Network Knowledge / Skills:
* Working knowledge of cable connectors and replacement, such as RJ-11, RJ-45, DB-25, V.35, RS-449
* Working knowledge of fiber, working knowledge of Multiplexes, Network topology, Frame Relay, Fractional T-1, SONET Network Technology, ATM, Private Line, Voice and Data applications
* Working knowledge of power testing, AD and DC including 3 Phase AC. Familiar with configuration and operation of the 24VDC & 48 VDC power supplies.
* Experience with network and circuit testing with T1 Testing Specifications, DS3 Testing, Digital Testing (BERT), and Analog VG Testing within Bell Core Standards.
* Working knowledge and usage of various network test equipment: JDSU HST, Ameritech AM5XT, Sage 935, Digital Oscilloscope, Halcyon 704A, Para-scope or other T1/DS3 Test sets.
Computer Knowledge / Skills:
* Perform basic software troubleshooting and diagnostics.
* Serve as the point of contact for unresolved problems from the Help Desk or NOC.
* Install hardware and software including operating system and office applications.
* Responsible for providing computer hardware, software and network technical support to end-users.
* Assists with setup and configuration of system hardware and software.
* AA/AS degree plus 2-4 years of Telecommunications and/or 6-8 Network Engineering experience is required
* Possess and maintain a valid Driver's License, and a satisfactory driving record, as conditions of initial (and continued) employment.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance.
* Capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
* Capable of utilizing ladders and step stools to reach heights of approx 10 ft.
Preferred / Additional Skills:
* Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Wireless, A+
* Ability to work from home, in an "on-call" status.
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain active DOD Clearance
* Willing to travel (up to 100% of the time) to remote sites within a 3 hour drive circle of base location. Technicians may be asked to travel outside of their assigned region, as needed.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work in high stress and visibility environment.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Computer Architectures
- Customer Service
- Formal Learning
- Frame Relay