UnitedHealth Group is a company on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the healthcare industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Vice President, Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will help with the development and implementation of proactive diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies and initiatives in support of UnitedHealth Group’s mission to make the health care system work better for everyone. Diversity and inclusion are central to our mission, impacting every part of our business from patients to providers, payers, partners and peers. As a result, the Vice President, Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is responsible for championing, developing, executing and leading core DEI strategies and programs.
As part of the Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office, this role will be aligned to support key members of the senior leadership team, business councils, and human capital partners to help shape and support our people, workforce and marketplace strategies. As a key member of the leadership team, the Vice President, Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will help guide our Advancing Workforce Equity Initiative in developing a diverse workforce globally, fostering a diverse supply chain and business practices, and growing health equity.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead a team to design, develop, influence and execute effective strategies to grow diverse representation, foster full inclusion, and promote health equity
- Collaborate as a trusted advisor and business partner for the enterprise, partner with senior executive stakeholders and peers to understand the unique needs of our workplace and workforce
- Build strategies to influence the end-to-end talent lifecycle and employee experience, ensuring inclusive attraction, hiring, development and retention of diverse talent
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to increase the diversity of our talent pipelines and improve health equity outcomes
- Leverage data and analytic skills to drive decision making and action. Designs, develops and deploys solutions through on-going analysis and tying multiple data sets together to recommend action aligned with business strategies
- Design training initiatives on cultural competency, race, gender, LGBT+, disability, equity and inclusion (and other topics) designed to increase awareness and support of equity and inclusion values, behaviors and skills, and maintaining compliance with applicable laws
- Deep understanding of culture, diversity and the drivers impacting a positive employee experience. Fosters inclusion, diversity and culture practices to create and maintain a positive, rewarding, and inclusive environment
- Strengthen our culture of inclusion, by developing and supporting change and culture management initiatives through established Diversity Councils and fostering diverse and inclusive senior leadership
- Identify, create and lead execution of new programs or initiatives that can bolster diversity & inclusion within the organization
- Ensuring compliance and control: policy, processes, and practices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Behavioral Science or related field or demonstrated equivalency
- 10+ years of human capital experience
- 7+ years of diversity, equity, and inclusion experience
- 7+ years of experience leading teams
- Demonstrated experience driving diversity and inclusion strategies and delivering outcomes in a large multi-national organization
- Depth of knowledge in diversity, equity, and inclusion and the ability to bring forth thought leadership internally and externally to affect positive change
- Significant expertise in all Human Resources functional areas, including talent acquisition, talent management, learning and development, and talent analytics
- Experience leading teams and influencing partners, peers and clients
- Expertise in coaching and counseling all levels of leadership
- Extensive experience in problem solving in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and ambiguous, complex environment
- Proven successful consulting and interpersonal agility competencies demonstrated across various types of executive critical stakeholders
- Experience developing talent strategies and executing plans aligned with the culture and overall employee experience to drive business outcomes
- Demonstrated competence in leading and driving strategies to advance diversity in leadership and developing a strong leadership bench
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed environment and leading through influence
- Significant experience in leading large scale, multi-business segment organizational effectiveness and change management strategies
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Demonstrated history of leading a large culture initiative
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $240,000 to $300,000. The role is also eligible to participate in UHG’s annual bonus and long term incentive plans. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN, 944550.