Manages day-to-day construction activities, including supervision of craft employees and subcontractors. Schedules field activities in coordination with the project schedule. Is responsible for safety, production goals, quality control, and cost control. May supervise one or more craft groups and/or scopes of work.This position includes three 'steps' (I, II and Sr.), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of experience in this position and the ability to manage 1-2 crews and/or foremen, and subcontractors Step II is used for employees with a greater level of experience and the ability to manage multiple foremen and/or crews, and subcontractors, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. Sr. is used for employees with several years of experience and the ability to manage multiple foremen and/or other field superintendents, subcontractors, or with experience on larger and more complex projects.
This position includes three 'steps' (I, II and Sr.), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of experience in this position. Step II is used for employees with 3 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. Sr. is used for employees with 5 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. #LI-RP1
1. Assists in or conducts review of shop drawings and design conflicts along with RFI review and implementation and manages Quality Control and Safety responsibilities as well as subcontractor coordination and oversight. Ensures the quality management plan is followed and verifies the quality of work being installed meets and/or exceeds Sundt' s expectations.
2. Assists in or manages the selection of equipment, construction methods, and sequencing of operations.
3. Assists with or conducts subcontractor meetings.
4. Assists with or manages the implementation of LEAN planning.
5. Conducts risk management analysis on a daily basis working with project leaders to ensure timely mitigation and documentation.
6. Demonstrates competency in understanding the environmental control processes for the project and takes corrective action when necessary.
7. Emphasizes a culture of safety throughout the project and ensures the safety plan is executed relentlessly. (This should be the first Key Responsibility)
8. Enforces the project management plan (PMP) to ensure the activities in the field are consistent with the plans policies and procedures.
9. Ensures project control activities and costs are managed daily and that appropriate actions are taken to ensure consistent deliverables and a successful project execution. Demonstrates business acumen within area of responsibility. Has an understanding of the change management process.
10. On self-perform projects this position may acquire, develops and manages craft field team, including: establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training to ensure relentless execution of the project. May conduct Individual Development Reviews.
11. Oversees, directs, and coordinates manpower, equipment, material, and subcontract activities in accordance with the project schedule. Ensures the material management plan is followed as well as any change control processes required to administer contract processes required to administer contracts or purchase orders.
12. Participates in business development and preconstruction activities as directed.
13. Prepares and maintains a detailed schedule for specific areas of responsibility. Ensures scheduling, sequencing of activities and all changes are incorporated, developed, controlled, managed and communicated daily to the project team and actions are taken to ensure timely execution.
14. Reviews the following for proper preparation and coding: Time Sheets, Quantity reporting, and daily costs. Completes all daily reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with the Sundt Management System (SMS).
15. Uses available reports to manage project scope and ensure the appropriate steps are taken to build the project successfully in the field. Understands and may participate in the development of the Monthly Progress Report.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Minimum of two years supervisory experience in similar construction technology, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures required.
3. Understanding of construction scheduling and cost control and the ability to control and supervise employees and subcontractors is essential.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
2. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
3. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
4. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
7. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
8. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
9. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
10. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
Note: Jobs with the Safety-Sensitive designation are those that include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others such as operating a vehicle, operating equipment, operating machinery or power tools, repairing/maintaining the operation of any vehicle/equipment, the handling/disposal/transport of hazardous materials, or the handling/treatment/disposal of potentially flammable/combustible materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt is committed to the equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic information; or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, state, or local laws.
- Business Development
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Change Management
- Commercial Awareness