Research Specialist - L
Alumnae/i Affairs & Development OfficeDuration of Position:
Full year / Full timePosition Type:
StaffPosting Date: Posting Removal Date:
Open Until FilledPosting Number:
1001670About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, 75 miles north of New York City, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke free/tobacco free campus.Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College Office of Alumnae/i Affairs and Development Operations staff provides the infrastructure necessary to communicate effectively internally and externally with constituents, as well as the content for reporting to and stewarding those constituencies. As a member of the Operations staff and under the supervision of the Manager of Prospect Development and Research, the Research Specialist supports the prospect identification and research efforts of the Prospect Development and Research group. Responsibilities:
- Respond to a variety of research requests for biographical, foundation or other information, using sources such as Lexis-Nexis, FoundationSearch, the Internet and additional online tools. Locate published articles upon request.
- Perform data entry work relating to prospect management, prospect identification, and data integrity.
- Monitor alerts services that encompass major newspapers, journals and online sources to identify articles of significance for Vassar College. Collect, disseminate, and image articles using Perceptive Content (imaging software). Review these articles for appropriate Banner database updates and / or prospect pipeline qualification of alumnae/i.
- Assist with prospect identification projects.
- Compiles documents for Prospect Review Committee review process for the research analysts, including pipeline qualification and data entry.
- Assemble financial and biographical information on constituents, foundations, and businesses as part of researching and assigning financial capacity ratings.
- Review and assign capacity ratings as appropriate to Vassar travel program attendees. Run associated reports for the Senior Associate Director for Alumnae/i Education and Affinity Programs, to provide the necessary background for upcoming trips.
- Review Vassar Fund officer visit reports for coding or other Banner data updates.
- Monitor and/or process a series of delivered reports.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director of Operations on research-related paid subscriptions management.
- Oversee resource library of Reports of Gifts that are sent from other institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible administrative support experience. Associate's degree preferred. Proven track record with data entry and online research strongly preferred, as well as prior work experience in a college or university setting. Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and competence in oral and written communications. Tact, diplomacy and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality are required, as is a demonstrated ability to exercise resourcefulness and professionalism while managing multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to apply independent judgment with limited supervision and instruction. Excellent computer skills and experience required, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management (Banner and FileMaker a plus). Experience using imaging software such as Perceptive Content is preferred.Required Applicant Documents
Contact Information for 3 ReferencesOptional Applicant DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your cover letter, resume, contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled.For full consideration applicants should apply by:Anticipated Start Date:Anticipated End Date (If Applicable):To Apply
All applicants must apply online at: URL blocked - click to apply
Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.URL blocked - click to apply
Attention To Detail