Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Solution Design team leads partnership due diligence efforts with prospective health system clients to assess the financial value and operational delivery risk of a partnership with Optum. Our goal is to convert sales prospects into revenue generating partnerships utilizing Optum’s solutions to make the health system work better for everyone. We work closely with the initial sales / prospecting team, business units throughout the organization, as well as process optimization and delivery teams to determine financial value opportunity and methods to create revenue and/or efficiencies for our clients.
The Project Manager, a key member of the Solution Design “Engagement Management Office” (EMO) team, will be responsible for end-to-end management of large Market Performance Partnership (MPP) sales pursuits starting from planning, due diligence and solution design execution, to contracting. This role is expected to have experience in supporting and leading cross-functional teams and subject matter experts with varying backgrounds and communication styles, including sales, information technology, finance and vendor management, revenue cycle operations, clinicians, compliance, and human capital.
You'll enjoy the flexibility of telecommuting* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges and grow your career.
- Responsible for the operational orchestration of MPP projects working with teams from various functional areas. Experience in any of the following areas is preferred: acute and ambulatory revenue cycle operations, population health, Information Technology outsourcing, and management consulting
- Partner intimately with the MPP leadership team assigned to each pursuit, comprising the EMO Lead, the Business Architect Lead (BAL), and the overall sales lead for the pursuit (Partnership Development Lead or PDL)
- Coordinate directly with prospective client executives and internal Optum stakeholders to manage MPP pursuits. This responsibility will require client facing communications, executive-level presence, and storyboarding and presentation skills
- Create deliverables related to pursuit strategy and operating cadence, project status, risks, and expected results. Plan and deliver well-structured oral and written communications, highlighting strategic opportunities
- Provide subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, timeline and work plan details, resource gaps, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques
- Ensure alignment and understanding of program / project scope and objectives with the organization's strategic objectives, in consultation with applicable stakeholders
- Educate teams on EMO methodology, best practices, standard tools and templates, in line with MPP team objectives to standardize and industrialize the MPP partnership development process
- Raise awareness of any misalignment or misunderstanding of project scope and objectives with applicable stakeholders
- Ensure that all impacted areas are identified, and that appropriate resources are engaged to participate in the scope definition process
- Ensure that project scope, requirements and approvals comply with existing governance guidelines and methodology
- Ensure that all project dependencies / linkages are identified (e.g., cross-functional area dependencies, implementation timelines, value proposition overlap areas, etc.)
- Apply consultative thinking and mindset to advise the client and internal stakeholders
- Employees in this position should have 2+ years of experience in managing highly complex cross-functional projects or due diligence efforts with significant leadership / executive-level exposure
- Appetite for tackling the demands of a high-performance environment
- Positive attitude and comfort with challenging ideas and solutions
- Drive consensus and lead through influence in a cross matrixed environment
- Able to deliver high value and quality results in tight time windows
- Able to work independently and have the self-drive discipline to deliver
- Excellent active listening skills, problem-solving skills, judgment, and presence
- Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels (executives, senior-level BAL and PDL roles, client executives, client admin and PMO staff, internal project managers, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4-year college degree
- Exemplify Optum’s values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance across all activities
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Strong storyboarding skills
- Collaborate with counterparts to support work associated with multiple / simultaneous clients
- Adaptability and ability to pivot based on new information, shifting timelines and client needs
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Program Management Professional (PgMP)® or Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)® certification preferred, also Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt accredited certification
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent critical thinking skills
- 2+ years of experience of current or recently former top consulting firm (e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Bain, IBM, Accenture, etc.) working on Healthcare Provider strategy, implementation or M&A due diligence
- Strong Healthcare Provider value chain understanding
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Project Manager, Solution Design, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota