Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Integrated Care Partners (ICP) is a physician-led, clinically integrated health care network whose mission is to assist our members in providing the highest quality care at the most reasonable cost for our patients in the current, rapidly changing medical environment.
The ICP Community Care Manager is a healthcare professional position, working as a member of the ICP Community Care Management team. The ICP Community Care Manager facilitates transitions as patients move from one level of care to another, ensuring that uninterrupted quality care, as well as providing ongoing education and diseased management for ICP attributed patients with chronic conditions. They are responsible for providing support and performing duties in a manner that ensures effective and efficient customer service and patient care.
This position is ideal for someone with a bachelor’s level social service or nursing education and healthcare professional background that is passionate about transforming healthcare and assisting patients in meeting their health goals.
- Performs transition of care services for ICP attributed patients admitted to acute inpatient settings
- Participates in care planning, family, and discharge planning meetings throughout patient’s inpatients stay, as appropriate
- Partners with inpatient care coordination team to address barriers to discharge and provides timely communication back to the patient’s primary care provider
- Collaborates other HHC system partners upon patient's discharge form acute inpatient setting to the community
- Identifies resources within HHC system and larger community to address patient care needs
- Provide education for patients, families, community, and other professionals regarding disease prevention, impact of illness and advocacy for benefits and health maintenance
Reports To: Manager, Care Management
Nature of Supervision: External customers of Integrated Care Partners, system based clinical positions requiring support of ICP Clinical team.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Sciences, or Nursing. Master’s degree in Social Work or Nursing is preferred.Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Mental Health First Aid CertifiedLanguage Skills:
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Able to read, speak, write English Language Skills
- Ability to communicate in other languages highly desirable
We take great care of careers.
- At least two years of experience working in a healthcare setting
- A passion for helping vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as ACO and healthcare reform topics
- Willingness to develop new skills and ability to receive feedback
- Positive, customer-focused approach
- Proven ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be comfortable and flexible with ambiguity and change processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships.
- Displays courtesy and helpfulness when interacting with all internal and external customers
- Proactively takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required or assigned
- Adheres to HIPPA requirements
- Adheres to Hartford Healthcare policies and standards of service, as well as those of practices being supported.
- Physical abilities to include sitting and standing for prolonged periods
- Must attend and pass examination for Mental Health First Aid Certification within 60 days of hire
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Attention To Detail