Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home. Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team Ongoing support:
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more Advancement:
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance Healthcare leader:
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
Responsible for overall organization and financial management of a large volume care center. Directs the care center operations and functions according to approved policies, procedures and standards. Ensures the enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of care center efficiency and fiscal success. Provides supervision to the Director of Clinical Operations who ensures the delivery of quality care to patients. Maintains the image of the care center in the community, as well as state and national organizations. Keeps the care center abreast of local, state and national trends. Essential Functions:
- Ensures care center is compliant with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures. Educates all staff members about state, federal, and accreditation requirements (as applicable). Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of care center personnel and accreditation standards
- Ensures that all services are billed as provided to the proper payor source. Analyzes available reimbursement data, identifies trends and initiates appropriate plans of action.
- Collaborates with appropriate staff to complete billing adjustments and maintenance of accurate records of these adjustments.
- Directs weekly business development and management team meetings with all appropriate staff and other members of the medical community to promote home care services. Meets budgeted admission goals in collaboration with Business Development team.
- Provides input, guidance and feedback related to marketing activities and agency marketing plan to ensure that goals for growth are met. Participates in marketing activities
- Accountable for all staff recruitment, hiring, assignment, evaluation and guidance to ensure employment of qualified staff. Ensures that the care center adheres to the company staffing model standard. Ensures adequate orientation of every team member assigned to their care center
- Assigns and directs staff with appropriate skills to perform duties. Coaches, directs and encourages staff through use of formal and informal means. Provides leadership planning for staff education programs, administrative/staff meetings, in-services, and encourages continuous education and staff development for all team members. Sets positive, attainable expectations, objectives and goals for the care centers.
- Handles necessary employee corrective action and discipline issues objectively, in consultation with HR.
- Uses knowledge, experience and other resources as necessary to make logical decisions and solve problems. Analyzes work processes and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Develops care center budgets in coordination with the Area Vice President of Operations.
- Responsible for care center financial and clinical performance and delivery on key metrics within established budget.
- Ensures implementation of a performance improvement program to drive quality care, positive patient outcomes, and address negative trends. Ensures issues and deficiencies identified during internal or external surveys, or audits are addressed and corrected.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and HIPAA/ Privacy Program, Compliance Program, and Code of Conduct and Ethics. Participates in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety. Identifies and reports health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace.
- Provides oversight and approval of Payroll, insures care center is operating in accordance with current pay practices.
- Ensures care center operations are processed in accordance with workflow standards.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Degree of Travel:
Moderate degree of travel for supervision of staff and community education. Some travel required for participation in off-site meetings or events.
Safety Hazards in Job:
Possible infections from patients. Possible auto accidents. Possible unsafe neighborhoods. Exposure to elements such as inclement weather.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Clinical related field.
- Two (2 ) year experience in leadership / management in health care, home health or hospice.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse or other health care professional specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the company.