In a past or current job, have you ever had a hard timereaching someone by phone? Have you felt like you talk to a recordingmore than you do a live person? During business hours at our Maximoffice, we do not have voicemail and outside business hours we’re on-call24/7! We want our employees and clients to have the ability to reach usanytime. This is just one small example of how Maxim goes the extramile.
MaximHealthcare Services of Portland, ME is a Joint Commission certified Medical Staffing and WellnessServices company. With our two distinct business lines, we have a uniqueability to offer Nurses an abundance of employment opportunities across severaldifferent healthcare fields. Our approach to recruitment is a focus onYOU- the Caregiver. Our interview process is centered on one question…“How can we help you reach your careerand employment goals?”
AtMaxim (URL blocked - click to apply),we believe our employees are our greatest asset. From your initial phonescreen to your first day of work, to your ‘Maxiversaries’ and milestones, theMaxim Team is dedicated to supporting you every step of the way. While benefits such as rewarding assignments, a healthy work-life balance, anda manageable commute are all important, we know that we need to offer more toattract and retain skilled and dedicated employees. Our recognition andincentive programs, extensive training and shadowing opportunities, and ourability to truly listen helps us to relay to our Caregivers thatthey are appreciated, respected, and heard. Read below for information onspecific job opportunities. We would love to hear from you so call ustoday to experience the Maxim difference!
The Long Term Care (LTC) Registered Nurse (RN) assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery of patient care of patients in a Long Term Care (LTC)/ Assisted Living Facility. The Long Term Care (LTC) Registered Nurse (RN) demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care in a Long Term Care/Assisted Living Facility.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychological changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the facility policies and patient outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Document’s patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned floor/unit including establishing priorities.
- Monitors safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Long Term Care (LTC) Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior Long Term Care (LTC) Registered Nurse (RN) experience preferred.
- Current BLS card
- Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the Long Term Care (LTC) Registered Nurse (RN) practices with a score of 80% or greater.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Maintain Clean Work Environment