At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The role of the Senior Proposal Development Analyst coordinates complex proposal and development activities including creating strategic, competitive proposals and presentations for new and existing clients within UMR, gathering all necessary information and directing the preparation of supporting documents and analyses. Works closely with sales/account management, products, legal, underwriting, and other functions to tailor proposals to reflect prospect's needs, company interests, and appropriate resources and timelines for complex RFPs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Effectively understand all aspects of complex RFPs, assess and interpret prospect and customer needs and requirements and engage correct internal resources in proposal preparation
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems, engaging appropriate resources in issue resolution
- Perform first-pass (pre-population) of questionnaires by accessing the Qvidian database
- Communicate complex thoughts and ideas-both written and oral - in a clear, concise way that is tailored to the audience
- Work effectively in a highly matrixed environment and collaborate with internal partners (networks, stop loss, etc.) and sister proposal units to reflect one core value story and integrated process
- Listen well and ask pointed questions to gain information or clarify meaning to ensure high-quality work
- Thoroughly understand and use all available sales support tools, including the database, SharePoint sites, marketing collateral and subject matter experts
- Anticipate and understand the unique needs of our sales partners and develop solid working relationships
- Maintain and enhance business skills, including understanding the health care industry, managed care trends, health care reform, etc. and participate in relevant training opportunities to enhance and improve current skill set
- Manage outsourced RFP components and escalate issues before they become problematic
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines; work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience; coaches and provides feedback and guidance to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years in the health care industry in a business development role
- 3+ years of experience with RFPs
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience thinking innovatively, creatively to resolve complex issues adapting style and approach to customer preferences
- Demonstrated assertive project management and leadership skills; collaborating with partners to produce high-quality proposals, responses and presentations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Self-starter; able to work with minimal guidance; seeking guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Solid focus on consistent process and product quality
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.