Ferguson is North America's leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry's most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers' complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson is currently seeking a Receiving Manager to join our Addison, IL Distribution Center team!
Hours: 5:00AM - 2:30PM Monday- Friday
* Supervise and coordinate unloading and stocking of inbound shipments accuracy and timeliness with both product and paperwork
* Ensure warehouse space is used effectively and kept clean and orderly
* Provide guidance and direction to team members in proper receiving procedures
* Communicate with receiving clerks, HQ, and drivers regarding status of inbound deliveries and changes to receiving schedules
* Research and resolve issues involving purchase order and receiving documents
* Ensure that all receiving documentation, freight claims, and correspondence with HQ are promptly completed with attention to detail
* Promote safe work practices and resolve all safety concerns as identified
* Establish and communicate performance standards to associates
* Lead team in continuous improvement initiatives
* Conduct counseling, mentoring, and performance appraisals as indicated
* Provide recommendations for selection of new associates to join the team
* Participate in regular communication and meetings of DC leadership to coordinate shift activities
* A strong background in warehouse operations and logistics
* Prior management, supervisory or people leadership experience
* Prior experience in a Warehouse Management or Warehouse Supervisor role, preferred
* Receiving/Inbound and inventory experience is required
* A solid understanding of OSHA regulations
* Good judgment and decision-making abilities
* Great communication skills and organizational skills
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families-geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
* The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Information
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Claim Processing
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Decision Making